+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Week 4: Official Challenge Questions

Welcome to the halfway point!
    Are you noticing any changes in your body? – toning up, change in body shape, loss of weight?

So far i am not noticing any visual changes but I have had a number of people tell me that my belly is definitely smaller. What i have noticed myself though is that i am holding my core tighter just naturally, moving around, standing etc.
    I seem to be more aware of my body and my core muscles in particular and i have really noticed an increase in my twisting strength.

Weight loss is going fairly well but as i am not 'dieting', merely making a dietary lifestyle change to whole foods i am not expecting rapid losses in this area. Slow and steady as my body gets used to my new eating habits. I am considering doing a two-week detox however as i am noticing that my digestive system is still a bit sluggish and i think a clean-out might be the order of the day to get rid of the last lingering toxins.

Have you noticed positive changes in your mood and/or energy levels?

I dont know that my mood was ever really down, certainly not that other people would have noticed. I have been very good at creating a bright, bubbly persona that for the most part disguises the lack happiness in myself. But since rekindling my love for Zumba with this challenge i am not feeling so down on myself all the time. I feel proud each time i give my all in a workout and i know that i will get the results i am chasing.

I think my energy levels have started to improve. I am finding that i have more attention and enthusiasm for playing with my 19mth old son than i did a few weeks ago when often i just wanted to lie down for a nap. He is such an active, happy little chappie and i am looking forward to spending much more quality time with him.

How would you compare this workout to others?

Zumba has always been one of my favourites, ever since it was first introduced at the gym that i was a member at. It is fun and the instructors are so energetic and inspirational. Some of the routines make us feel all feminine and sexy (hip circles, belly dancing, etc) whilst others make us feel powerful and strong (hip hop, warrior moves in Mix DVD etc). Each DVD or class is designed to take the participant on an interval-training based journey with fast and slow tracks and targeting each muscle group (legs, arms, cores, etc) in turn so that we get a whole-body workout.
    After a DVD or class i feel physically tired but also energised by the endorphin-high and fun that i have had.
    I love that it can be done by myself in my lounge or as a social thing with my friends. The fun is multiplied whenever i have friends to Zumba with me. We push ourselves harder but laugh at ourselves and each other too, when we inevitably get muddled up.

I have been a member at a gym, done PT sessions, boot camps, aqua-aerobics, weights sessions, RPM (spin bike) classes, boxing classes, Body Balance and Pump classes... Zumba beats them all for a total body, cardio and toning workout that is fun and motivating and makes me want to do more every time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you purchase any DVDs?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Week 4: Official Challenge Questions

As part of this challenge we each received the new Exhilarate 7-disc set, so I didn't have to actually purchase them. I have previously bought the wii Just Dance game and that was fun but i was getting very tempted by the Zumba DVDs advertised on tv to try and recreate the Zumba classes I used to go to.