+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I just wanted to add, that I am big believer in "just because I love you" gifts. I have kids his age as well as older and younger one too. I only give when I feel the child needs a big pick me up. So they are rare but I do give them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Argh mil driving me nuts

Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    I just wanted to add, that I am big believer in "just because I love you" gifts. I have kids his age as well as older and younger one too. I only give when I feel the child needs a big pick me up. So they are rare but I do give them.
    There is nothing wrong with those (I am a big believer in them as well)

It is when kids just get things handed to them on a platter for no reason or effort that I think the OP is getting at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Just frustrating ( seriously his bday is in 2 weeks)
    I suppose I'm sad for him because whilst he's really excited to get it early he's not going to get anything special for his bday. Bdays are special occasions and you should get stuff you want then. I use to love the excitement knowing that i got "big" stuff for bdays and xmas.
    There's a difference with buying little things weekly ( or daily) and spoiling that way, I'm sure for special events that they still get stuff they really want and it's made to be a special occasion.
    He now doesn't want anything else as he's got what he wants ( until the next game release)

Thanks
    Reviews

And yes he gets everything he wants when he wants it. Whilst I believe that there needs to be some of this with parenting (to make kids feel special, give mum a break lol etc) there needs to be some point where you become the parent and need to look after the child's well being ( even if they get cranky) he's been playing adult video games since he was 6. He also is obese as junk is only what he wants to eat. He has heart disease on his dads side and I think it's irresponsible for her to continue with this. His dad has tried to put his foot down but son just sulks and mum gives in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Argh mil driving me nuts

I guess the only thing about getting the game early on the release date is if his friends were also getting it.

I think presents should be reserved for birthdays unless they need it for some reason beforehand in which case it would be "here, this is for your bday, don't expect anything really big on the day because you are getting it early"

My brother just turned 16 and also got a new game a few days before his birthday. Though he isn't lazy/eats junk all the time and doesn't always get what he wants so I don't see a big problem with it.

I don't agree with 12 yr olds playing violent video games either.. I may not have a 12 yr old boy yet but I was responsible for a lot of my brother's childhood, and I never let him play violent games. I had/still do have a lot of influence over him and my parents were always happy to go with my instincts or tell him he couldn't play the same games as our older brother. Obviously now he is 16 so he can play the games but he still listens to me if I ask him not to in front of DS

Sorry didn't realise that was so long!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Exactly Tadpoles ild be less frustrated if she had told him it was an early bday pressie.
    People are wondering why the next generation are brats who want CEO roles after finishing high school.
    This is an example of why, given everything, nothing to look forward to and don't have to work for it