+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What is too fake? Fluff thread

So I'm buying a dress today and its something I would have worn before I was pregnant. Now that my son has been born I could really do with wearing some shape wear to smooth out the bumps. But I really don't like the idea of shape wear, it seems almost like cheating.

I really don't get why I feel this way. I'm fine with makeup, styling hair, pushup bras and fake tan. But I think fake nails, hair extensions and shape wear are "cheating".

What does everyone else think?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'd sooner see someone with shapewear under their dress than an orange fake bake.

Why is a smoothing garment any different to a push up bra?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No it isn't any different to a pushup bra. Or any bra for that matter. I think I'm just mourning the loss of not needing shape wear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't care about what other people put on their body as long as its not hurting me, if it makes someone feel better about themself, all power to them!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Miah  (18-11-2012),mrswhitehouse  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    I'd sooner see someone with shapewear under their dress than an orange fake bake.

Why is a smoothing garment any different to a push up bra?
    I agree with this! A push up bra is gonna enhance your boobs also if you don't wanna cheat on wearing shape wear then don't cheat on enhancing your boobs and tan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I don't care about what other people put on their body as long as its not hurting me, if it makes someone feel better about themself, all power to them!
    This...

Thanks
    Reviews

In addition though it feels good to have uplifted boobs and a nice body and getting my nails done can be therapeutic I'm not saying its wrong by any means because I would do it just agreeing with pp

10. The Following User Says Thank You to claudiakathleen For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    No it isn't any different to a pushup bra. Or any bra for that matter. I think I'm just mourning the loss of not needing shape wear
    Hahaha fair enough!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What is too fake? Fluff thread

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post

^ ^ this

Except if they have an orange spray tan

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Whatever makes people feel better about themselves be that shape wear, push up bra, chicken fillets in ur bra, gel nails, straightened hair, make up etc etc.

Oh and id rather see someone with a fake tan than someone glowing red from sunbaking all day