+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Swaddling and car seats, with or without houdini straps.

As stated, I'll see if I can merge all the posts from the other thread into this one.

and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Okay - now I've figured how to do this move, I'll leave the topic for discussion as a separate issue. I've now learned today that more info needs to be given out on both swaddling and on car seats, and fitting kids to car seats. I still get upset when I see kids in inappropriate car seats/booster seats, or people putting those seats in the front with no anchors. The impact of the car will actually be worse for a child in a seat inappropriately than in no seat at all sometimes, given the weight behind the booster (or lack of weight behind the booster).

Being the mother of two children who are very light for their ages, I've been happy to keep them in boosters or car seats beyond the age recommendations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Swaddling and car seats, with or without houdini straps.

Lol Pegasus I feel exhausted at the thought of the thread merging. I definitely think it would be difficult to secure a newborns shoulders securely, which is already hard, through a blanket , which creates padding and movement

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Mod-pegasus  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So as recommended by Pegasus and ctm, always use a custom made swaddle for the car so that the fabric can go over the straps and ALWAYS ensure straps are firm over the shoulders and hips