+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TMI Alert! Cramping/discharge question

Hello All,

I had an u/s on 9w1d and was told I had a very minimal amount of bleeding (2mm) on left side that was not considered clinically significant and that I did not need to take any precautions. Baby was very happy (I assume) jumping around and hb was 174. That was last Monday.

Since Tuesday I have been having cramping everywhere from my belly button down to my vagina (sorry, but I did warn you!) on both sides. It started off around belly button on left side but then moved lower and became more constant. It also started off mild and is now probably more mild to moderate pain. It's not painless but only a few sharper ones.

Today (10w) I noticed that I had a TMI AGAIN! thick white string of cervical mucous. It was not pink/green/yellow or brown, just white. I'm worried because I have read that this can mean my cervix is dilating and expelling my mucous plug. I don't think I would worry if it wasn't for the cramps, but with both of these things together I'm hoping someone can tell me that both these things are normal and that I shouldn't be worried? Or on the flip side, should I be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm no expert but I've had bleeds and cramping around the 10week mark with both my pregnancies. Was told after a scan that all is fine, uterus is stretching from a plum to grapefruit size. I also got thrush at 10 weeks this time....had never had it before and wasn't the usual itch that apparently comes with it...was just the discharge. Fingers crossed yours is fine too. X

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TMI Alert! Cramping/discharge question

I had the most horrible cramps from about 8-13 weeks. So bad it woke me at night and would paralyse me with pain. I thought the worst was happening but turned out to be uterus stretching pains as the last person said.

I've also had a huge amount of white/yellowish discharge throughout entire pregnancy to the point where I wear liners every day. So glamorous!

I'm now 37 weeks so there was nothing to worry about but keep telling your dr for peace of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a lot of cramping around 10 weeks too (and now again at 12!), and I also have a fair amount of CM some days. Your mucus plug repleneshes throughout your pregnancy. Unless the cramping becomes very painful or you start bleeding, you should be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys, these stories are really helping. I have had healthy bouts of morning sickness all along so that's a positive thing. My poor husband is so sick of hearing me say 'I'm so worried' every ten minutes. I am really hoping the doctor will send me in for another u/s even though I just had one last week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    layla dont worry im freaking out too. my husband keeps telling me to stop stressing but i cant help it. last wednesday i had brown spotting so i totally freaked out and rang my ob who said come in for a scan. So i did and it baby was moving around like crazy and i was 11weeks2d. He told me not to worry about it and gave me the referral for my nt scan in two weeks. I still cant help freak out with this brown spotting/discharge it lasted till around saturday but seems to be gone now.. I have an appt with gp this week because i need to get a new referral letter for my ob so im secretly hoping she will have a quick ultrasound to check baby is still ok.