+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default wart removal while pregnant?

Wondering if it's safe?
    Going to the GP tomorrow about one on the bottom of my big toe that ive had for over 5 yrs that hasnt bothered me and i just forget about it. Untill now it's REALLY sore. Ive cut off the calloused layer of skin, DH had a look at it and said he's never seen one so big and so DEEP. Im not even 100% sure its a wart? But it looks like one? Anyways, i just discovered another on the side of my thumb, that one is tiny and deffinetaly wart looking.
    Im wondering why im getting them and the one ive had for over 5 yrs has suddelny become sore now im pregnant. Must be the the weight im putting on it?
    Im 34 weeks pregnant, do you think i will have to wait till after pregnancy to have anything done? I just think it's gonna be a PITA if i have to have wart removal treatments on the bottom of my foot with a toddler and newborn!!! I honestly think it's far to deep for over the counter treatments. Im actually a bit concerned as to what else they could do for me.
    Guess i'll find out.
    In the meantime, just wondering anyones thoughts on this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I only got worts when I was pregnant (apparently its common) and my gp just froze them off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    does freezing them off hurt?
    The one on my foot is flat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Doesn't hurt at all it's actually really cool (no pun intended lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    A flat one is a plantar wart. I had to have mine surgically removed as a teen (left a massive hole in my foot too!)
    Ive googled about plantar warts and i think that's exactly what's been on my foot for over 5 yrs! I knew warts can go away on their own but i suspect this one isnt budging. The fact that it's now sore and has indeed grown or joined into a 'mosaic' looking thing worries me.
    I read about surgery and the gaping holes it can leave. Do the holes ever recover? how long was your reovery? I guess u couldnt walk on it?!