+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Internet cheapies

I'm just wondering how many people have had a false positive on Internet cheapies? As I have heaps I test a few at a time. In the batch this morning two had what looks to me slight positives and rest were negative

happychick1385 is offline Mummy to four little kiddies that keep me on my toes :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Some can be notorious for false positives. Happened to me last month - I got VERY faint lines on 6 tests! I can't remember what brand they were, but they were the ones with the blue end. This time I have bought mine from oracle fertility (40 for $9.45). They have heaps of positive reviews, and I got my BFP on them this month . Hopefully this is your month too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got a bunch of "false" positives a couple of months ago at around the 8-10dpo mark with cheapies. One test even had 3 or 4 lines on it! I decided I wouldn't buy them again but still have a couple left so will use them this month. However it is quite likely that they pick up chemical pregnancies that other tests miss as they are supposed to be really sensitive. Other cycles I have had definite BFNs with them. To avoid this problem I'm thinking I'll just use FRER rather than buying more cheapies and just try and not test as often

That said I'm really happy with my cheapie OPKs. They work really well.

If I got even a faint positive with a cheapie I'd test the next day with a FRER and FMU. Your bHCG might just be on the cusp of their sensitivity. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Internet cheapies

Oh and also the instructions on my cheapies say to do the test at room temp rather than body temp I guess. So you should wait a few minutes after collection before dipping, dip for the recommended time and then read within specified timeframe. This might help eliminate false results.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    nope not a problem. I got a 25 pack from the pregnancy shop (online) and a 50 pack from an ebay store. Oricle Fertility I think.

I had a faint pos on one of them and I used my clear blue digital straight after (because I couldnt decide if that faint pos was real) and bang. "pregnant" on the clear blue.

I then waited 2 weeks (because I went on holiday) and used both internet cheapies again. Very strong lines. Certainly no false positives in my batch

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a stack I brought off eBay and they have been reliable. Can't recall the name of seller but was fertility something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Never had a false positive on any Internet cheapies I bought..and let me tell you I have spent $100s of dollars on pregnancy tests!

Thanks
    Reviews

I have not had any false positives, but they only show a line 5 to 7 days after First Response, so mine were less sensitive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used heaps over about 10 months trying and never saw a positive until I was UTD. I actually thought at first that surely it must be a false positive so I had to do 3 more then go out and buy a FR to convince myself lol