+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Settling and your routine with a reflux baby

Just wondering how everyone else with a reflux baby is doing to get a routine going.
    My LO is 8 weeks (3weeks corrected) and has pretty terrible reflux. It's starting to get under control.
    I haven't been able to establish a routine with him as he screams for so long. I also don't know if I should be going by his corrected age or actual age in relation to sleep routines.
    Nighttime he sleeps well, during the day he just doesn't want to settle at all. I spend most of the day wearing him.
    Any tips/hints/ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews

No tips or hints - DS is almost 13 weeks with reflux. Once he started on Zantac he improved but I can pretty much do nothing during the day still. It's not a major issue here but I unfortunately have to go back to work soon and it will probably be a problem then. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Unfortunately no tips either. My LO is now almost 15 weeks and has only recently started settling during the day and establishing some sort of routine. Night time has been good for a while- bath feed and bed and she sleeps 8-12 solid hours. But day time has only just settled. She used to scream and scream and only wanted to be held upright. Tried raising the head of the bassinet and cot so she wasn't laying flat. Didn't help. She will (and has always) only slept on her belly.

A friend had a 27 weeker and has only only just recently had progress with her LO- she is 6 months, 3 corrected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Subbing. I have a 10 weeker with reflux

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't have a reflux baby but a huge happy spewer. I find tummy sleeping works well here. Also day sleeps in prams or car capsules are helpful as they are easy to resettle in there.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've just got my 11 week old bub into a good routine. He is on 0.5 ml Zantac three times per day. He feeds four times during the day with the first feed at 7, then 11, 3 and 630. He sleeps at 830, 1230 and has a nap at 4ish for an hour or so. The day sleeps are usually about 2 hours long. Bathtime is at 6, and he goes to bed after the 630 feed. I do a dream feed at 10, and he wakes at about 2 or 3 for a feed, then usually sleeps until 7.
    He is getting better at sleeping longer than one sleep cycle, but if he wakes & I can't resettle him I put him in his swing, which he loves and will almost always sleep in.
    We are out a fair bit during the day (i also have a busy toddler!) so he also sleeps in the capsule pretty often.
    He was feeding alot more during the day, but really only snacking, which I think is pretty common in reflux bubs. The paed recommended stretching his feeds to 4 hourly, and once I did this he was much more settled in the day, and sleeps for much longer.
    Good luck, it's so hard having a baby with reflux!