+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Open or not open presents at kids party!

Do you allow/encourage your child to open presents at the party so guests can see?

Or do you take them all home and open there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I did I think its a nice way for the child to thank the guests and see the appreciation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't mind either way.

I have been to parties where they do either...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only ever been to parties where the presents are opened as they are given. I'd personally find it quite strange if presents were opened after the child went home

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Normally DS opens presents as the guests arrive and hand them over but this year on his birthday he didnt. We hired out an indoor play centre after hours and they had free run of the place so DS was off playing in the giant jungle gym as people arrived so I just had all the gifts on a table. It bugged me but people were straggling in at different times (dont know why, invitation had a set time) so I didnt want to interrupt DS while he was playing. We didnt even get around to singing happy birthday! The kids spent the whole time off playing...we had a buffet of food and they came and grabbed food and drink as they wanted, so there was no time all the kids (roughly 40) were together and we had their attention. Was more of a 'there is the playground, there is the food/drink, go have fun and come see me at the end for your cupcake and party bag' kind of thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Open or not open presents at kids party!

Jaspers party today we did it right after cake
    so we could thank everyone and everyone saw what he got etc. I think it's part of the fun of going to a kids party is also seeing the joy the child gets from opening their gifts.

As they arrive I find too hard trying to greet guests, managing the unwrapping gifts, making sure he thanks them (or I do, he's 4 and a bit shy with too much attention on him)

Also if they are opened afterwards you really are obliged to write thank you notes really.... otherwise how do you thank the gift giver?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

* though I really don't think I'd notice or mind however Its done if its not my child. I'm pretty sure most kids parties we've been to they opened on arrival. But at a venue it's also not wanting to lose track of the gifts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

It depends... this year my dd had a party at maccas and it only went for 1.5hrs so no time really. But in the past if it has been at a park with unlimited time then she has opened them. I dont like things getting opened and thrown to the side so she can open the next present, things being lost or other kids touching so thats why i prefer to open them at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't at my kids birthdays, they are too young too politely open gifts and thank people. I probably will as their comprehension grows.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

If party is at home or a park, well I'd get my DS to open when he gets them. This year he's having a Maccas party so I'd say he will open them when we get home, as he'll be too busy playing and not alot of time to open them there.