Closed Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Lover View Post
    As would I. So what happens when she moves again? As she is known to do. Does he keep chasing her?
    My dad moved cities 3 times to follow us (or rather follow my mother's commitment issues).

Not saying he should 'have' to do it, but I think 40 minutes drive is piddly and not too far to restrict 50/50 custody.

You make it work because they are your kids.

I'd be going to court to get rights in schooling choices etc... cemented so in future this doesn't happen again.

I've just had a cousin move his ex and her child to Australia, set them up with a home, car etc... as he had to come here to get access to his second child and couldn't make the hard choice between his two kids. My point? If you want it, you make it happen.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Child support

Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    I think Dad should have sorted this well before now, when the arrangement went from 50/50, I can get my back up with some of these threads because so often dads seem to be all talk and no action, it sounds like this situation needed urgent action when the child was moved.
    I agree...

Also I don't get the problem. 40km is not far and shouldn't impede a father having a relationship with a child.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

escapee  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    My dad moved cities 3 times to follow us (or rather follow my mother's commitment issues).

Not saying he should 'have' to do it, but I think 40 minutes drive is piddly and not too far to restrict 50/50 custody.

I'd be going to court to get rights in schooling choices etc... cemented so in future this doesn't happen again.

I've just had a cousin move his ex and her child to Australia, set them up with a home, car etc... as he had to come here to get access to his second child and couldn't make the hard choice between his two kids. My point? If you want it, you make it happen.
    Not to be rude but have you dealt with our court system in regard to family issues. It really is not that clear cut & simple at all.

I would not wish the whole family law court process on anyone, the 1 person who never benefits is the child

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Izy  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I agree...

Also I don't get the problem. 40km is not far and shouldn't impede a father having a relationship with a child.
    It's far enough to prevent 50/50 care when the child is at school. I would assume this would mean a minimum 30 min drive possibly longer due to peak hour to get child to school & then obviously pick up in the afternoon.

I'm assuming both dad & stepmum work which may make this difficult. Keep in mind dad also has financial commitments including cs so work is definetly a priority!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    Not to be rude but have you dealt with our court system in regard to family issues. It really is not that clear cut & simple at all.

I would not wish the whole family law court process on anyone, the 1 person who never benefits is the child
    I'm well aware, I am a 'victim' of the family law court process and yeah it sucks.

But I admire how hard my dad fought for us. I can never question his level of commitment or love for me, because he tried everything, even when it was likely he'd fail.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child support

Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    I think Dad should have sorted this well before now, when the arrangement went from 50/50, I can get my back up with some of these threads because so often dads seem to be all talk and no action, it sounds like this situation needed urgent action when the child was moved.
    Yeah this happened to my DH, and $30k later, the courts let his ex have her way for fear of further confusion for the kids. The magistrate called her actions selfish and despicable. But still let her take the kids and move them to another school and area and take DH!s access from 50/50 to weekends and half hols.
    The reason many dads don't take action is because financially, their hands are tied. It's not that simple.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child support

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

And drag your new wife, subsequent kids etc with you. Change jobs, move to areas you don't want to live in, spend money needlessly to follow around your ex. Let her each whim dictate your life. How on earth is that fair?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (17-11-2012),Lovemyfam  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    And drag your new wife, subsequent kids etc with you. Change jobs, move to areas you don't want to live in, spend money needlessly to follow around your ex. Let her each whim dictate your life. How on earth is that fair?
    I never said it was fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have not read all the replies but here is mine.

Should it have to be paid no, if a woman wants to alienate the father from the childs life then she should alienate his money too. That doesnt happen though in this country which is sad. All the laws make it more financially beneficial to keep dad away. GOod new though that they are looking at possibly changing the laws to be no visit no support but we will see how the politicians work that around. The CSA laws are flawed here and there are a lot of groups working to get them to work for the child. Having a child should not then destroy the chance of living a normal life after you and the parent split but here it does make it very hard to financially move on.

Lets hope these new laws come into effect soon.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Lover View Post
    So move closer, sell his house.. when she is renting. He is established at a place of employment.. She does work, openly admits it but hasn't lodged a tax return and hasnt declared it to CSA. I would think that's a bit of evasion. CSA have been told but they can't do anything until a tax return is lodged, or so they claim.
    Actually they can do something if you have proof she is working or making more income than she is they have to listen and do something, stay on them and dont let them play the poor other parent trick on you because they will try

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast