Closed Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanaynay View Post
    Unpopular opinion amongst parents, but child psychologists and social workers generally agree.
    50/50 care for school age children during the week is rarely in the best interests of the child.
    This is why I think it's generally for the parents and not the children.

i think by high school age hopefully the kids are old enough and responsible enough to decide where they want to stay on certain nights and still do well in school but primary...it's just too much IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I am about to do about an hour drive daily when I move. It's how far I am willing to go to ensure DS goes to a good school and his schooling isn't disrupted by changing.

i guess the thing is, what about picking step-child up from school on Friday after school, drop off monday. There is your half a week, then factor in holidays etc. but this isn't what the OP is about anyway. It's about a disgruntled step mother wanting her husband to pay less CS and be able to justify it to herself.
    Oh my gosh. This is possibly the rudest and most presumptuous thing I have ever read on here. It's truely disgusting. I'm not perfect, but I'm certainly not the disgruntled, evil step mother or controlling partner that you've just made me out to be. I do so much for my SS and child support is the least of my worries in the situation. His well being and having an equal relationship with his father is my primary concern. It's a difficult situation for ALL involved, including the child, which is exactly why I (not his mother or father) linked him up with counselling to help him through.
    Since when was it okay to deliberately make derogatory comments on here about someone? A bit presumptuous I think.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Sorry, I must have misunderstood. I thought this thread named "child support" was about not wanting to pay CS to your husband's ex. My apologies if it wasn't about not wanting to pay CS and was about your step-son's wellbeing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Lover View Post
    Oh my gosh. This is possibly the rudest and most presumptuous thing I have ever read on here. It's truely disgusting. I'm not perfect, but I'm certainly not the disgruntled, evil step mother or controlling partner that you've just made me out to be. I do so much for my SS and child support is the least of my worries in the situation. His well being and having an equal relationship with his father is my primary concern. It's a difficult situation for ALL involved, including the child, which is exactly why I (not his mother or father) linked him up with counselling to help him through.
    Since when was it okay to deliberately make derogatory comments on here about someone? A bit presumptuous I think.
    Oh happens all the time, there is one type of mom on here that you cant say anything about or people try to get you banned. Remember BM is always right, and fathers have the right to shut up pass over the money and if they behave right they may get to see the kids if BM feels like it that is. At least that is how I read most of the posts these days regarding this topic.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child support

Well thanks to everyone for their opinions and suggestions. I've got nothing else to say on the subject, seeing how my input isn't valid at all, after all step parents seem to be only willing to cause trouble and make waves for custodial parents and seek out to deliberately damage a child. My partner is going to keep following this up, however like someone else said, best not to rock the boat. He really does fear the repercussions. He's really just trying to have a meaningful and equal relationship with his child, but I guess he isn't entitled to that.
    Thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bunny check your private messages

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child support

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Sorry, I must have misunderstood. I thought this thread named "child support" was about not wanting to pay CS to your husband's ex. My apologies if it wasn't about not wanting to pay CS and was about your step-son's wellbeing.
    I think you must have misunderstood, it's an easy mistake to make. Thanks for the apology. It was about the fact that my DH is paying more child support than previously due to BMs choices and her dishonesty about her income. She's entitled to her choices and has her rights after all.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    closed .. thanks.