Closed Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child support

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    She just has to keep on them and if there is enough proof she will be caught.

Not a money making scheme a money saving scheme, since the amount of FTB that are paid to parents directly drops the more money they collect in CSA the less money the government is paying out thus saving money and a penny saved is a penny earned.

Yes he has the option as did the kids. He could at any time seen the kids, had the kids live with him etc. He didnt want it and he gave me all the blessing to move to Australia with them because he thought it would be great for them.

No I have never made him pay a cent my kids my choice to spend money on them as he has the same choice not gonna make a man pay my way for the kids.

Yeah not gonna get to far with fathers rights around here.

No there are a politician or two working on changes will they ever happen? not sure but I sure hope they do.

No this section is for step parents, see single mom section isnt for anyone who has been a single mom its for people who are currently single we are reminded of that each time we dont agree with something in there and then get run out.
    LMF, you know NOTHING of Australian CS and family law here. Stop writing based on America law. CSA, while FTB drops for every dollar of CS received or not, it costs the government more money to run it then they distribute.
    For your comment that if there is enough proof she will get caught, well my ex has been working cash in hand for 3 years now. I gave CSA full details of company, exes run, etc and they will not pursue it.
    You are lucky that you have the choice whether to accept CS or not. A lot of people do not have that luxury as it is how they can afford food or roof over their heads. I doubt you have trouble accepting money from your new husband for support of your kids though. I also doubt you are turning down any government benefits you would be eligible for.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ItWasntMe For This Useful Post:

Bone Broth  (18-11-2012),HugsBunny  (18-11-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Child support

We should ask bhtech for a new emoticon - a lil dude holding a sign that says 'don't feed the trolls'

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

ItWasntMe  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support

Quote Originally Posted by ItWasntMe View Post
    LMF, you know NOTHING of Australian CS and family law here. Stop writing based on America law. CSA, while FTB drops for every dollar of CS received or not, it costs the government more money to run it then they distribute.
    For your comment that if there is enough proof she will get caught, well my ex has been working cash in hand for 3 years now. I gave CSA full details of company, exes run, etc and they will not pursue it.
    You are lucky that you have the choice whether to accept CS or not. A lot of people do not have that luxury as it is how they can afford food or roof over their heads. I doubt you have trouble accepting money from your new husband for support of your kids though. I also doubt you are turning down any government benefits you would be eligible for.
    Cs here in Aus needs a major overhaul. I don't know what a good alternative would be but I believe the current setup is fair to NOONE, especially if you do things by the book!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    We should ask bhtech for a new emoticon - a lil dude holding a sign that says 'don't feed the trolls'
    Haha touche! Just giving some a bit of a reality check if they think moving 40kms away is parental alienation! Talk about control freaks if a parent isn't able to move peacefully in the same State.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child support

Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    I'm confused what is a troll, I've seen it on another thread, apologies in advance if its a dumb question

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child support

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Haha touche! Just giving some a bit of a reality check if they think moving 40kms away is parental alienation! Talk about control freaks if a parent isn't able to move peacefully in the same State.
    I would think its parental alienation if it impacted on family court orders agreeing to 50/50 care, I may just be a control freak but that's how I feel

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child support

Parental alienation is a social dynamic, generally occurring due to divorce or separation, when a child expresses unjustified hatred or unreasonably strong dislike of one parent, making access by the rejected parent difficult or impossible.[1] These feelings may be influenced by negative comments by the other parent and by the characteristics, such as lack of empathy and warmth, of the rejected parent.[2] The term does not apply in cases of actual child abuse, when the child rejects the abusing parent to protect themselves.[3] Parental alienation is controversial in legal and mental health professions, both generally and in specific situations.[4][5] Terms related to parental alienation include child alienation, pathological alignments, visitation refusal, pathological alienation,[6] the toxic parent and parental alienation syndrome[7] though the last term is a specific formulation of a medical syndrome proposed by psychiatrist Richard Gardner that is not well accepted.[8]
    (From Wiki)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    I would think its parental alienation if it impacted on family court orders agreeing to 50/50 care, I may just be a control freak but that's how I feel
    I struggle to understand how 40kms could have that kind of impact. True parental alienation does not include this, even the courts agree as there are generally only limits on moving interstate/overseas.

Gosh I feel sorry for the OP's ex, can't people live their lives in peace? If my ex told me where to live good luck to him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Child support

I'm confused what is a troll, I've seen it on another thread, apologies in advance if its a dumb question
    A troll is someone who deliberately posts inflammatory statements to cause controversy and to provoke other posters.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Child support

A troll is a term used to describe people who post on forums purely to stir the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I agree, 40kms isn't that far but I think if it's in a major city then it probably is a long time to travel.

My kids travel 1.5 hours every second Monday morning to get the school. It sucks and is in no way in their best interests. It needs to change.