+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Playgroups/toddler activities in the general Coburg area

Hi I'm about to move Coburg and was wandering about activities and play groups for my busy little toddler. She loves music dance art and general play. Does anyone have any recommendations/warnings?! Willing to travel a bit, Essendon, Brunswick etc.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Playgroups/toddler activities in the general Coburg area

There's a drop in playgroup at the uniting church on Victoria st (across from the Coburg Library) every Friday 10.30-12. Gold coin donation, tea and coffee and morning tea. It's not at all 'churchy' just held in a church. My mum takes my DS occasionally.
    Coburg Library would do storytime and rhyme times, and if you contact Moreland City Council they may be able to put you in an exsisting mother's group/playgroup as well.
    There are gymbaroo classes in Essendon, Mini Maestros in West Brunswick, Brunswick Baths has an indoor pool for swimming lessons, etc. I haven't been to any of them but probably worth checking out.
    Good luck with the move, there are loads of young families around that area, so you should meet people quickly.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Kri1973  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Playgroups/toddler activities in the general Coburg area

I agree with the great suggestions from FL!

Also have a look at Playgroup Victorias website and you can see all the different Playgroups that are already established in your area. The site will show you which ones have space for new members.

Get in touch with a few, you can always go along and visit them before deciding which one is the right fit for you. 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! It's marvellous you took the time for a complete stranger to do that. I've contacted the library for a start - they seem to only have rhyme time for up to 18 months and then a preschool session. I think my two year old will fall between. Shall also be definitely following up on the other tips!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and thanks for the Playgroup Victoria suggestion - have had a look this evening and send off a heap of emails asking about them. You guys are great!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Playgroups/toddler activities in the general Coburg area

Quote Originally Posted by Kri1973 View Post
    Thank you! It's marvellous you took the time for a complete stranger to do that. I've contacted the library for a start - they seem to only have rhyme time for up to 18 months and then a preschool session. I think my two year old will fall between. Shall also be definitely following up on the other tips!
    No worries, I used to live near Brunswick and was thinking about moving to Coburg, so i know a bit of what's around- plus lots of my friends live there I would take your DD to the rhyme time session, I used to take my DS to the one in Brunswick and there were really all sorts of ages from 6 months to about 4 years (obviously not aimed at them, but as older siblings) then afterwards if you get a chance to grab the librarian and ask which session would be more suited to your DD. They would get plenty of crossover in each session, so they may either tell you to keep coming to rhyme time or go to preschool story time (they will probably stop over Xmas and by next year she'll probably be closer to the right age for story time anyway)
    If it's not too far out of your way, Melbourne Library Service offers a program specifically for toddlers called Stompers, which is basically 30 minutes of singing, rhymes, shakers and general mayhem. I may be highly biased (i used to run one of them!) but it's the best library program I've come across for toddlers.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (17-11-2012),Kri1973  (18-11-2012)