+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Any landlords/property managers?

As an owner I would want to know. If it is structural and I go to sell ( and it came up as a defect) I would be ****ed as it would come out of our pocket then.
    We have insurance to cover accidents as we know stuff happens. I would rather claim under insurance than my own pocket later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

In your lease will be a clause saying you must notify the landlord/agent of any property damage, it's great you want to fix it but the landlord has the right to choose if he wants a professional to fix it , some landlords won't care, some will want to fix it themselves, some will claim insurance and some will ask you to show receipts from a tradesperson - just email your agent tomorrow, tell them you would like to fix it and see what the response is ( we have to do whatever the landlord requests)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    In your lease will be a clause saying you must notify the landlord/agent of any property damage, it's great you want to fix it but the landlord has the right to choose if he wants a professional to fix it , some landlords won't care, some will want to fix it themselves, some will claim insurance and some will ask you to show receipts from a tradesperson - just email your agent tomorrow, tell them you would like to fix it and see what the response is ( we have to do whatever the landlord requests)
    If the landlord decides they want whoever to fix it, do we pay for it then? Because we can't afford too, hence why my uncle said he would.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    If the landlord decides they want whoever to fix it, do we pay for it then? Because we can't afford too, hence why my uncle said he would.
    I'm sure you can make some arrangements

Thanks
    Reviews
    They can choose to get quotes and go with someone they want but if you email (so you both have a record) them and say this happened, this is what I would like to do about it, this is the details of the repair person, can I please go ahead with it? they should be fine. Please let them know as it can turn into a big mess if you don't, even if you do fix it. Being honest is the best thing and the landlord should be fine with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks everyone.