View Poll Results: So you give your children clothes as xmas presents?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes their presents are mostly or all clothes

1 1.89%
  • a mixture of clothes and other items

33 62.26%
  • Yes, but items such as swimmers or a dance outfit that aren't everyday clothes

7 13.21%
  • No, we don't give clothes

10 18.87%
  • Other

2 3.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm so jealous at you getting free books. Books are a huge deal in our house and my kids would do backflips at year round freebies
    I was going to say the same! We love books here too! You can never have enough!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

Yes... Always give some clothes at Christmas, and birthdays too! My DD loves to wear her special "Christmas outfit" and will proudly tell people when she got them.
    This emotional attachment to new clothes was what probably prompted my own love of fashion so I'm happy to carry on the tradition!
    I do purchase other clothes for her randomly throughout the year, but I always feel Christmas is a good time to expand her wardrobe in a way that shows she has matured and is ready to start the new year another year older... It makes her feel grown up too
    I usually will give new bathers too... She also receives other gifts like toys, books etc. but DD hardly ever asks for anything so when she does she gets it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We always give clothes and toys- its something extra to unwrap and with 4 girls it's often a special outfit or shoes which they love. They also get knickers and socks in stuff I wouldn't normally buy (Dora etc). I guess I am the lamest mum on earth as this year they are all getting a towel set as we desperately need new towels and it's made their stockings look nice and full. They are also getting a giant swing/cubby house play set

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No because ds would think its a very boring present and I just prefer to buy what we wants, within reason.

However if he did want me to , I would. I think for the kids who would get excited about licensed stuff, pretty dresses etc, clothes are a great present.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No because ds would think its a very boring present and I just prefer to buy what he wants, within reason.

However if he did want me to , I would. I think for the kids who would get excited about licensed stuff, pretty dresses etc, clothes are a great present.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yes!
    I too think it's great!!
    I've got both girls a new dress for Xmas this year to wear Xmas day and they (6 & almost 3) will be happy with it! Haven't got DS (20months) any clothes as yet, but I will.
    Then last night from reading this thread I thought I'm also going to get the girls a pretty tutu skirt (thanks for the idea!) and unless my mum is getting them all togs again (with a toy) then we will get them new togs too :-)
    Everyone is different, even my DH said when I showed him the dresses said 'what kid wants clothes for Xmas, just give them to them now' and I said 'no, they will like it and anyway would you like me to then buy extra toys to put in place of those dresses??' lol he said no :-)
    I even remember as a teen getting 'good' shampoo and conditioner!!! Because mum only ever brought us cheap stuff lol I always liked that!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pooks View Post
    Yes!

I even remember as a teen getting 'good' shampoo and conditioner!!! Because mum only ever brought us cheap stuff lol I always liked that!!!!
    Me too! One Christmas as a teenager I got a tube of Clean and Clear face wash - it was like, the best present ever!!!

I'd have loved to receive clothes for Christmas. I always get my nephews something to wear (along with other stuff )

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, we don't give clothes, I might have a dress up costume in there, but that's more of a toy than clothes.

I see Christmas gifts as the 'non-necessities'.

I buy/make clothes all year.

Thanks
    Reviews

I hardly buy any clothes for my kids throughout the year. The older two enjoy and appreciate New clothes so I'll be putting a few bits and pieces in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Clothes are as exciting as some toys for my almost 4 year old girl .. So yes she gets some fabulous clothes .. Over the top dresses .. costumes and tutus .. Not normal kid dresses !! She is crazy for dressing up!!