View Poll Results: So you give your children clothes as xmas presents?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes their presents are mostly or all clothes

1 1.89%
  • a mixture of clothes and other items

33 62.26%
  • Yes, but items such as swimmers or a dance outfit that aren't everyday clothes

7 13.21%
  • No, we don't give clothes

10 18.87%
  • Other

2 3.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

One of my sil's kids get a mixture of cloths and toys, other sil's kids get just cloths as anything toy wise they are given they destroy within a week. When we have kids they will get a combo of both.

Thanks
    Reviews

My son has and always will get clothes as part of his presents at Christmas, we were always given nice going out, outfits on Christmas and birthdays and he will be the same. We don't have an endless supply of money for buying clothes and he outgrows them so quickly if he didn't get them for Christmas and birthdays he would have hardly anything to wear, I have asked my sisters and parents to all buy clothes this year as he is now wearing a size 3 at 19months and has hardly any really nice clothes that fit him. We have bought a couple of toys for him and the rest is practical things he needs eg. King single bed and bedding as he has almost outgrown his cot.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

Yep, clothes, underwear and pjs. Toys too

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No clothes here. It's a necessity for them, I'm not going to gift them something they need. Presents are generally a bigger gift

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

Yes. Generally clothes he really likes or character clothes. He loves the little short undies with transformers or other characters that you can get a matching singlet with, those sorts of things i am more than happy to get him for christmas as they are things i wouldnt buy otherwise.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Interesting.

My 2 girls love getting a new dress and a bikini for Christmas (yes a bikini - VicPark will hang me up now). But that's it. A few toys toys, some books, a new Micro scooter, and a wigwam each this year (they are obsessed with making cubby houses out of sheets and doonas and chairs).

I wouldn't buy my son clothes for Christmas though. Never thought about it and yes it's a double standard but boys clothes don't really excite me nor my son (he's probably too young) whereas my girls squeal at the sight of a new dress or a new pair of shoes (probably take after me on that one).

Although in our house I tend to think books aren't really gifts - DH's father is a well known children's book author and illustrator so we get kids books a lot through him, and I also run the book fairs at DD1's school, so I get a heap then too. the kids would get several new books every week or so (inc special ones) so I don't tend to give them too much as presents.
    Last edited by Sonja; 17-11-2012 at 20:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    NO! lol Clothes are not Xmas gifts here. yuck lol They get bought all year round as they need them (with growing n all) But clothes at xmas, no. When they are probably preteens I might if they as but as kids, no.

Thanks
    Reviews

I do sometimes. Not basic things I'd buy anyway but a nice dress or outfit that I put some pretty hair accessories and bangles with. DD1 in particular adores clothes, shoes, bangles, hair accessories etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Although in our house I tend to think books aren't really gifts - DH's father is a well known children's book author and illustrator so we get kids books a lot through him, and I also run the book fairs at DD1's school, so I get a heap then too. the kids would get several new books every week or so (inc special ones) so I don't tend to give them too much as presents.
    I'm so jealous at you getting free books. Books are a huge deal in our house and my kids would do backflips at year round freebies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes,
    Every year we get the kids (4 girls) are nice outfit or dress usually from Pumpkin Patch, they love it and usually wear it for Xmas day.
    This year I have also bought them a nightie for their stocking.
    I love that they get clothes for Xmas, I would rather new clothes than another new toy that just gets chucked with the rest of them