View Poll Results: So you give your children clothes as xmas presents?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes their presents are mostly or all clothes

1 1.89%
  • a mixture of clothes and other items

33 62.26%
  • Yes, but items such as swimmers or a dance outfit that aren't everyday clothes

7 13.21%
  • No, we don't give clothes

10 18.87%
  • Other

2 3.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

Yep I sure do!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohobaby View Post
    I'm kinda offended at people saying it's lame and by giving our kids some nice outfits we are somehow taking away the joy of Christmas. We don't have a lot of money and I don't see the problem in buying a beautiful dress or some nice summer clothing as a gift. Yes clothing is necessary but heaps of toys are not. We buy our kids some special toys which they love and clothing on pjs are part of their presents. I hope they grow up to appreciate gifts they are given no matter what they are.
    I'm sorry you are offended, that certainly wasn't the purpose of my thread. You give toys too, which is great. I got only clothes, pretty much every year and I hated it.

I don't think giving clothes is lame. I just wouldn't do it myself based on the above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My girls always get a couple of nice outifts included in their Christmas stocking - usually something a bit more expensive (that I have managed to get on sale during the year!). They love getting a new dress. Also they nearly always get new bathers/rash vest. These items are not the bulk of their presents and I don't give them every day items like socks and undies and basic shorts & t-shirts. But what they do get helps to pad out their stocking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Of course ! How else can I justify to DH all the clothes I buy for 2 yr old DS in the thanksgiving day sales in the USA!

When he's older I probably will only buy clothes if he wants a specific brand like I do for my older nieces, or when I was younger if I wanted an expensive outfit/shoes Mum would give me the money to buy them and she would put them under the tree

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

ChocMilk  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm sorry you are offended, that certainly wasn't the purpose of my thread. You give toys too, which is great. I got only clothes, pretty much every year and I hated it.

I don't think giving clothes is lame. I just wouldn't do it myself based on the above.
    You didn't say anything offensive so no need to apologize. I totally understand your point it's just some others made some rude comments in expressing their opinions which I didn't feel was necessary to the discussion. Most people do the best they can for their kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
    Clothes are essential, not a treat.
    I agree for normal everyday stuff, but I don't normally buy licensed stuff for the kids so my kids flip out when they get licensed clothes for xmas, they are a treat for my kids because its not something they normally get IYKWIM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I never said it was taking away the joy of Christmas, I reworded my post so it no longer says lame - I admit that was a bad choice of words, I still think it is kind of a boring present to get every day clothing or stuff they don't particularly "want" like the OPs example, but as many other posters have pointed at lots of kids love getting special clothes or any clothes as gifts so do what works for you. No need to take offence, I also think lots of other things given as gifts are not that great either (body shop gift sets anyone??) doesn't mean people who give them are "taking away the joy of Christmas" just personal opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by cub View Post
    I agree for normal everyday stuff, but I don't normally buy licensed stuff for the kids so my kids flip out when they get licensed clothes for xmas, they are a treat for my kids because its not something they normally get IYKWIM
    Exactly, I know what you mean and I was saying the same thing, really just referring to normal everyday clothes. I asked DF about this and he said all he ever got were clothes and he hated it, they weren't nice/special or clothes he liked at all and never got anything he asked for.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

cub  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohobaby View Post
    Most people do the best they can for their kids
    Of course they do and that's what I deem to be a good parent; not a perfect one but one that always tries to do their best for their kids with the resources they have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    and I'm actually surprised at the amount of people that do give clothes, but by the poll they give a mixture of clothes and toys. It shows I'm the odd one out and it's pretty much the norm