View Poll Results: So you give your children clothes as xmas presents?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes their presents are mostly or all clothes

1 1.89%
  • a mixture of clothes and other items

33 62.26%
  • Yes, but items such as swimmers or a dance outfit that aren't everyday clothes

7 13.21%
  • No, we don't give clothes

10 18.87%
  • Other

2 3.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sure do give clothes! I reckon my DD would be happy if it was ALL clothes She is a clothes horse!
    I give a mix of toys, clothes, school stuff, craft stuff and junky stuff. I think they love it all - if it was only pricey toys they would only get a few things because we can't afford to buy a lot for 3 kids, as I prefer to buy decent quality. They love the opening part as much as what is inside..its all about the surprise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Well, I'm glad to hear that YOU think buying my 5 year old son a Star Wars shirt as part of his birthday or Christmas presents is lame. He doesn't think it's lame, he loves it!

How shallow.
    Okay...
    I really don't see how it makes me shallow to not want to give my son clothes for Christmas? I buy him clothes all year round I see Christmas as a time to give gifts I wouldn't normally. That's great that your son loves it, each to their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    See I agree with others that clothes as an essential, something that should be bought as needed not given as a gift. Stuff like swimmers or an AFL shirt is a bit different in that it's not everyday clothes.

We also don't give school stuff, I see it as an essential as well. So bags, shoes etc are bought before the new school year as a non gift. Each to their own, though just interested how others do it.
    As above :-)
    no school items or clothes as gifts in our house, Santa brings Fun items
    in our house and I think if our boys opened up their Santa sack to find clothes or school items they would be really disappointed, Our family never gives necessities as gifts either, it's up to hubby and I to cloth them and buy their school items so we would never pass them off as gifts, we buy them a new outfit to wear for Xmas but I buy that before Xmas and would not give it to them as a gift. I love seeing the look on our boys face when they open up their presents that they have been wanting/asking for and not stopped talking about for the whole lead up to xmas but I think for some girls it would be really exciting to get clothes as from a really young age I loved getting clothes :-)
    Last edited by millsmum; 17-11-2012 at 14:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    Those of you saying that they are essential, don't you think it's better to spend your money on things they really need instead of things that they just want?

I'm not saying not to buy the other things but if you have a smaller budget then I think it's fine to give some clothes as a present.

I always got a few new outfits and pjs at Christmas, which I loved because we didn't just get clothes whenever we wanted throughout the year.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    The way we do it, clothes are bought through the year as needed. Lay bys sometimes if we are short. So they get what they need as a rule, and xmas is for wants.

But again, each to their own. I'm not judging your decision just wondering what everyone else did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by millsmum View Post
    in our house and I think if our boys opened up their Santa sack to find clothes or school items they would be really disappointed, Our family never gives necessities as gifts either, it's up to hubby and I to cloth them and buy their school items so we would never pass them off as gifts, we buy them a new outfit to wear for Xmas but I buy that before Xmas and would not give it to them as a gift. I love seeing the look on our boys face when they open up their presents that they have been wanting/asking for and not stopped talking about for the whole lead up to xmas but I think for some girls it would be really exciting to get clothes as from a really young age I loved getting clothes :-)
    Yep that's exactly our stance too I see a pattern though that most of us that won't buy clothes or school stuff for xmas got them all for xmas ourselves as kids.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

millsmum  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

When I was little mum always gave me toys or crafty stuff And a board game to play with everyone ect. And always a special outfit to wear that day I always loved them. I don't think it's cheap to buy cloths for Christmas either as long as there is some fun things in their too. I just try to remember when shopping for hubby's 3 boys (previous marriage) that half the fun for them is the unwrapping and "santas been" part of Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

I used to love getting clothes for christmas. This year I want to buy them all an outfit to wear on christmas day.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by millsmum View Post
    As above :-)
    That's Just it though, to some kids, that stuff is fun

Last year my sons favourite present he Got was a pair of mickey mouse clubhouse Pjs from his uncle. Anyone who heard his squeal with such delight when he opened them would agree

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used to get 'special' items as a child (we were pretty low income), such as special dresses or shoes.

My kids dont usually. But we are doing the something i want, something i need ect, ect. So they are getting some this year for the first time.

At this age (4 and 18mths) Its more about opening the presents for them. As they get older we will phase it out i think. OR buy the special clothing as from us and the 'fun' gifts from santa.
    Last edited by IndigoJ; 17-11-2012 at 15:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah, if they need them we put a bit on layby at best and less for them a few weeks ago that we are getting of intime for xmas. not sure if ill use them as presents yet. but they also get dress ups lol