View Poll Results: So you give your children clothes as xmas presents?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes their presents are mostly or all clothes

1 1.89%
  • a mixture of clothes and other items

33 62.26%
  • Yes, but items such as swimmers or a dance outfit that aren't everyday clothes

7 13.21%
  • No, we don't give clothes

10 18.87%
  • Other

2 3.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not as their main present but yes they get clothes, pj's, sometimes shoes, they don't seem to mind. It's not the bulk of their wardrobe but just a few bits and pieces.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

We always got things we needed + a couple of things to play with. We usually got one combined present which was our "fun" present.

Clothes, new schoolbags, etc - yep! Got things like that every year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

No. I see clothes are an essential items and therefore don't count as presents. If when the kids are older and want a really expensive brand named shirt or the likes it will be the only time i buy clothing as a present.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

wilding  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I always give DS some clothes but things on his list this year he wants an afl team shirt, basketball shorts and hat from his team and he also wants some singlets and new boardies from the surf shop he saw and like!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    See I agree with others that clothes as an essential, something that should be bought as needed not given as a gift. Stuff like swimmers or an AFL shirt is a bit different in that it's not everyday clothes.

We also don't give school stuff, I see it as an essential as well. So bags, shoes etc are bought before the new school year as a non gift. Each to their own, though just interested how others do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't usually give clothes but dd1 got a trampoline for her birthday so I bought her a new party dress & shoes for her party so she had something to unwrap. Plus this Christmas we are getting our swimming pool installed and all though both girls already have bathers I was thinking if buying them a new set to go with the new pool toys etc..
    i usually just by them clothes as they need them and wouldn't otherwise pass off clothing as presents to get out of buying them other things ( if that makes sense )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Clothes in our house for Christmas are 2nd to the toys. My parents also tried to get out of toys for us by giving extra clothes and it was stuff I hated (I love my mum but she has the worst taste lol)
    Same lol not only was it clothes every.single. year they were hideous clothes

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
    No!! I may choose to give clothes when he is a teen and asking for really expensive clothing (as I did!) but I think it is a lame gift for under 12's. Clothes are essential, not a treat.
    Well, I'm glad to hear that YOU think buying my 5 year old son a Star Wars shirt as part of his birthday or Christmas presents is lame. He doesn't think it's lame, he loves it!

How shallow.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

No I don't give them clothes for Christmas, my mum did that and I hated it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

wilding  (19-11-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you give your kids clothes for Christmas?

we always got a new outfit as kids but they were never wrapped under the tree, not really given as pressies. I think my mum just liked us all well dressed for church on xmas day.
    I don't give clothes to the girls as a pressie, unless it's dressups or some 'character' pjs etc. I have no problem with others giving then clothes tho