+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default iPad or Leappad?

We just use the Fisher Price protective cases on our ipod and ipad and let the children use them occasionally.

The cases also come in handy even when we are using them - lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default iPad or Leappad?

I vote for leap pad because personally I wouldn't buy my child an iPad it's an adult toy that your child can sometimes use. Not something I'd get especially for my dd. I actually have a leap pad explorer 2 on lay buy it comes with 5 apps and I got 2 game cartridges ($16 and $20) no more the you would be paying for any console game. What i like about leappad is that it is all focused on children so only childrens apps. Yes the games to download are pricey but she has 7 to start with and an app voucher can be something she gets for good behaviour sometimes. My dd would love an ipad and iPhone but my rule is when you get a job and can buy it yourself you can have one. She's only 5 so a wait to go lol. I'd rather her earn such a big ticketed thing herself so she realises the value of having a $600 tablet.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: iPad or Leappad?

I originally laybuyed the leap pad,
    I returned it & am.buying a real tablet (kmart have 99$ ones) as i find a real tablet has more to offer for free

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: iPad or Leappad?

Fwiw my son is 2 1/2 and learned so much from real tablet games,

He knows the shapes circle, star, square, diamond , heart, hexagon & crescent from one free app

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 30 month old has been using my iPad the last month. He is only allowed at 6.30am for 20 mins or so. At this time it's too early to go downstairs and play and its good for me as at this time I'm breast feeding my other child and have no interuptions. I have downloaded some apps all free ones from the educational sites and his surprises me at how his picked it up. But once we are downstairs he never asks for it as he loves going outside to play with his crazy coup and pretends his going shopping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies everyone, it definitely made the choice easier, will be getting the iPad, just the $360 one. My dd is not going to be on it 24/7 so I don't see why not. It can be exactly like a Leappad and focused only on educational games but just better quality by the sounds of it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default iPad or Leappad?

Also agree all my toddlers have learnt a lot from the educational apps and of course it just feels like fun. I was dubious for a very long time but seeing my 23 month old playing the memory card games and matching shapes and colours and sight words and so on is great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default iPad or Leappad?

FYI, it is a WiFi iPad that is the cheapest.

WiFi + cellular is more expensive.

You cannot get cellular only.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default iPad or Leappad?

Hi shannanyay - yes I saw that when I had a look at the big w site, it looks like they all have wifi now. Is cellular so you can put a SIM card in it for internet when out and about? I'm sure my iPad was called wifi + 3G not cellular

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default iPad or Leappad?

Yep cellular is the same thing as what they used to call 3G - but because you have access to either 3G or 4G depending on your region, they just call it cellular now.

And yes you are right, with the cellular models, you can put a SIM card in so you have access to the Internet when out of a WiFi area.

Although, if you have an iPhone too, you can always use your iPhone as a WiFi hotspot and connect your iPad to that.

However if you're going to want to get online with the iPad out if a WiFi zone regularly, it would definitely be more convenient to get the +cellular model.