+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default iPad or Leappad?

Hi ladies,
    My 2 year old loves playing my phone as I've downloaded lots of apps for her, educational ones, drawing etc. She loves it! I can make dinner or shower and she sits happily playing it. She ended up breaking the screen on my phone and dropping it etc, now my plan has just been upgraded so I got a new iPhone, this time I've not let her use the new one at all. For Christmas I'd like to get her her own device to play the games on. I would either get the iPad or I heard there's a tablet for kids called the Leappad.
    Does anyone own either one of these? Or bought there kids a tablet?
    Which would you recommend?
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default iPad or Leappad?

Hi, I have been looking at the Leap pad too in the catalogues so will be interested to hear if anyone owns one. The iPad just seems quite expensive for a little one if the leap pad is just as good for that age group and they look quite sturdy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Personally I wouldn't get either. She's still so little, she really doesn't need to spend lots of time on any sort of tablet. Please don't get upset, but she should be spending only a tiny bit of time, if any, using a computer/watching tv/etc at her age and so I don't think it justifies spending the money at this point.

If you want an ipad for yourself that you might let her use then it's a different matter, but if you're worried about your iphone, an ipad is more expensive and a lot bigger so potentially easier for little hands to drop/throw/spill stuff on. You can buy an aptivity case for iphones/ipads that protect your phone/ipad and maybe you could just get one of these for your iphone and that would be the cheapest option.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

5galsndad  (17-11-2012)

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default iPad or Leappad?

Quote Originally Posted by mim1 View Post
    Personally I wouldn't get either. She's still so little, she really doesn't need to spend lots of time on any sort of tablet. Please don't get upset, but she should be spending only a tiny bit of time, if any, using a computer/watching tv/etc at her age and so I don't think it justifies spending the money at this point.

If you want an ipad for yourself that you might let her use then it's a different matter, but if you're worried about your iphone, an ipad is more expensive and a lot bigger so potentially easier for little hands to drop/throw/spill stuff on. You can buy an aptivity case for iphones/ipads that protect your phone/ipad and maybe you could just get one of these for your iphone and that would be the cheapest option.
    I agree with this. My kids love playing with my iPhone but iv had to stop as my DS was calling people lol they have those little kid laptops but never use them. I always try and get them outside to play. But if you were going to ild get the iPad then you can use it to

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: iPad or Leappad?

My 3yo step daughter has a Dora the explorer laptop that she loves. When DP and I are both on our laptops and she wants to use one we tell her to go grab that. She will then sit with us and play on that instead. Only downside to that is she still doesn't quite understand how the games work and its very loud and repetitive... She won't be getting and iPad at ours, as I believe it is for adults. She doesn't need anything like that at ours as she can use what is already there and I'm not going to waste money on something that she can easily smash... (even though she is really good when it comes to playing games on my phone)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default iPad or Leappad?

I have heard that the games and books for leap pad can be quite expensive and add up, more than using an iPad would.
    Maybe worth having a look at that too.
    If you were tossing between the 2 then I think iPad as you can use it as well, and just get an apptivity case from target (by fisher price I think), which locks the home button.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default iPad or Leappad?

My girls are getting an iPad mini each for Christmas. They use my iPad when we go to hospital appointments or traveling. I've downloaded heaps of learning apps which they love.
    No experience with the leap pad though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default iPad or Leappad?

How much are iPad minis?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default iPad or Leappad?

$364 from big W they were the cheapest place I found

Thanks
    Reviews

Default iPad or Leappad?

If you get an iPad what about a fisher price protection case? I have an iPad and I'm always on it, and they have tonnes of educational apps for kiddies
    Attached Images