+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: best fertility clinic in brisbane?

do all clinics charge the same? or around the same?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

sorry for the silly questions

Thanks
    Reviews

bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default best fertility clinic in brisbane?

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow zombies View Post
    do all clinics charge the same? or around the same?

Short answer, no. TFC is by far the cheapest but only do IVF. Next is QFG. All the others are much more. It really depends on your situation and what treatment you require; Ovulation induction, iui, donor sperm etc..

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Short answer, no. TFC is by far the cheapest but only do IVF. Next is QFG. All the others are much more. It really depends on your situation and what treatment you require; Ovulation induction, iui, donor sperm etc..
    im assuming it would be very straight foward.. im healthy and have regular periods and have had a child before.. dp is a girl so we cant get pregnant because of that. would ivf be an option for us? how much is it around at tfc?

Thanks
    Reviews

where can i find out prices for places?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

where can i find out prices for places?

You will have to call them up and get prices

Thanks
    Reviews

im assuming it would be very straight foward.. im healthy and have regular periods and have had a child before.. dp is a girl so we cant get pregnant because of that. would ivf be an option for us? how much is it around at tfc?

A fs would probably perform iui on you first rather than ivf. So even though the fertility clinic is cheaper they don't do iui or donor sperm. You would be best setting up an appt with a fs at qfg in the new year, especially because of the Medicare rebate you are best to start in the new year in case you need multiple cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews

Unfortunately TFC don't treat same sex couples. Definitely ring around and get prices they will probably suggest iui first. Donor sperm ranges from $400-$900 a vial if you don't have a known donor. You generally have to try a few cycles before going onto ivf, unless any tests show it is the favourable option.

You would have to go for an initial consult where they will do quite a few tests to determine where to start. Bloods, ultrasound etc. Most of the clinics I contacted while looking were happy to email me full price lists. I'm not sure if you need a referral for same sex so it would pay to ask, someone on here may be able to answer that.

This is all from my personal experience and others I have cycled with on BH.If anyone feels I'm giving incorrect information please feel free to correct me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi rainbow zombies,

My partner and I ( same sex couple) are using qfg for IUI with donor sperm at the moment and are very happy with them. I've found them to be very same sex friendly and their prices are available on their website.

We needed a referral from our gp and waited 4-5 weeks for our first appt. I had no fertilty issues detected and the FS recommended 3-4 rounds of IUI before moving to ivf and that he expected us to be pregnant within the IUI cycles. We are unable to claim anything from Medicare as we have no fertility issues, once we have had 3 unsuccessful attempts at IUI then the FS will consider us to have an issue and we will be eligible to claim some of it back.

We paid $950 for a vial of donor sperm from the USA. We prefer to use anon donor as there is almost no risk as opposed to someone we know, plus a known donor usually needs to be quarantined for 6 months depending on the clinic.

All up $1100 for IUI, includes bloods, ultrasounds, injectables and pessaries. Plus $950 for sperm, just over $2k a cycle.