+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pram with bassinet attachment

I am after some recommendations from people on a good pram with a bassinet attachment. What did you have and what were the pros and cons? What would you recommend?

Also, is the bassinet attachment good enough as an alternative for buying an actual bassinet? I know with my first child we used the bassinet alot but we didnt have a bassinet attachment for our pram.

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have a strider 3 wheeler and we had the bassinet attachment. I thought it was awesome, I much preferred DD lying flat than kind of hunched in a seat. She slept pretty well in it when out and about (pretty much the only time she slept during the day as a newborn!).

It's easy to detach and we did use it as the downstairs bassinet in the early weeks which was handy. I wouldn't use it unsupervised though as she would sort of shuffle to the side and end up with her face up against the walls.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

ShhImHiding  (16-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    im interested too i think we're going to go with the Icandy peach with the bassinet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Bugaboo cameleon - it comes with the bassinet and normal stroller- I had absolutely no negatives and only positives!

It can be rear or forward facing
    It's easy to attach/detach
    It's great for taking to restaurants/people's houses

I used it a lot when we went to other peoples houses as it was always in the car and light enough to carry , I didn't really use it as a bassinet at home mainly as he slept with me or in his cot

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for that Cue

Thanks Elijahs mum! Will have a look. I forgot to mention that I want one that can face both ways and doesnt weigh a ton! I will go have a little look.

Anyone else? Fancy brand or Kmart brand, it doesnt matter to me, I just want one that meets my needs. I also forgot to mention I wont be jogging or hiking with this pram as I am a very anti-exercise kind of gal

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Pram with bassinet attachment

We have the valco matrix plus.. 3 wheeler with basinette, can also take capsule or toddler seat. The basinette faces parent, as does capsule, the seat is only forward facing.

We paid an extra $110 for the stand for the basinette.... Should have saved my money. I didn't realise that it was smaller than a normal basinette. By 6 weeks he really didn't have much room totally out grown it at 8 weeks.

We will use it if we have another because we have it, but I'm considering a normal dedicated basinette!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Bugaboo cameleon - it comes with the bassinet and normal stroller- I had absolutely no negatives and only positives!

It can be rear or forward facing
    It's easy to attach/detach
    It's great for taking to restaurants/people's houses

I used it a lot when we went to other peoples houses as it was always in the car and light enough to carry , I didn't really use it as a bassinet at home mainly as he slept with me or in his cot
    I looked it up and WOW that is a pricey pram! I do like it though, very much.

Thanks shadowangel, that rules out a valco matrix hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

It seems pricy but so many people I know buy the pram then the bassinet then a stroller which can add up but the cameleon is all those at once!

Plus the pram has 3 really good seat positions, one is very upright just like a chair and as the handle bar moves back you can use it as a highchair ( which we always did when we went out to cafes etc)

My DS is a very tall 2 and still fits comfortably in it ( plus you can buy different canopies and change colours!) and they have great re sale , I'll probably eBay mine at the end of the year

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

ShhImHiding  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I second the Cameleon - the upfront cost is high compared to others, but it's everything in one! You can change colors for different kids/seasons too, making it feel like a new pram.

The resale value is amazing too - I've just upgraded to the Donkey so sold my Cameleon. It was 2.5yrs old and i still got nearly $800 back!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

We have the valco matrix & loved it! I still used a normal bassinet at home but it was great when out & about, it is smaller than a normal bassinet but the pram on its own is fantastic! We have the toddler seat too! The prams so easy to manoeuvre & put up & down. I would suggest going to your local baby shop & test driving a few =)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to melab For This Useful Post: