+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Farex

Loodle - stick with the doctors advice. Sorry some mums aren't sticking to the question asked. :-)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveHeart View Post
    Loodle - stick with the doctors advice. Sorry some mums aren't sticking to the question asked. :-)
    The question asked in the opening post was -
    What age has everyone started or is going to start their babies on farex and baby food.
    and I think members are responding to the opening post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Farex

6 months, farex and everything and anything mashed up. The whole hype of blw isnt for me, I like to sit down, feed baby and know she has eaten it - I dont have all day to watch her suck a carrot stick to just throw it on the ground. DD1 same food but started at 4 months, didnt harm her at all.
    Go with your instinct and medical advice.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    6 months, farex and everything and anything mashed up. The whole hype of blw isnt for me, I like to sit down, feed baby and know she has eaten it - I dont have all day to watch her suck a carrot stick to just throw it on the ground. DD1 same food but started at 4 months, didnt harm her at all.
    Go with your instinct and medical advice.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    Have you tried BLW? Because it really isn't about sucking on a carrot stick.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (16-11-2012),SoThisIsLove  (16-11-2012),wrena  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Farex

Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    The question asked in the opening post was -
    and I think members are responding to the opening post

Some were giving opinions on how young is too young etc, rather than answering the question about THEIR OWN child.
    Last edited by LoveHeart; 16-11-2012 at 21:59.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveHeart For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Farex

What is BLW?

Started DS1 at 4 months but he reacted badly so went back to boob and re-introduced at 6 months

DS2 started at 6 months

DS3 started at 4 months.. (he still isnt quite 5mnths but hes had some fruit puree some vege puree and sometimes add farex. Not so fussed though milk is his main source

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    What is BLW?

Started DS1 at 4 months but he reacted badly so went back to boob and re-introduced at 6 months

DS2 started at 6 months

DS3 started at 4 months.. (he still isnt quite 5mnths but hes had some fruit puree some vege puree and sometimes add farex. Not so fussed though milk is his main source

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Baby Led Weaning.http://www.rapleyweaning.com/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Farex

DS started on rice cereal at 4 months as he was showing signs he was ready:
    - large baby
    - lost tongue thrust reflex (as verified by a mchn)
    - could hold head up
    - showed an interest in food

I am curious as to what reasons your doctor provided for starting solids? And what (if any) guidelines surrounding the use of solids were prescribed? Eg did your doctor assign rice cereal only for reflux? for thickening milk feeds? What readiness signs Is your bub displaying?

I don't think it's unreasonable that people ask questions as:
    - current recommendations are
    Bubs start solids between 4-6 months (possibly to be upped to 6 months with recent Australian studies). It is quite reasonable for people to be a little surprised at a 13 week old bub starting solids. It is absolutely reasonable for someone to gawk at an 8 week old starting solids.
    - you are asking questions on when other bubs started. If you are confident in the decision to start your bub on solids now then why would you bother to ask what other bubs did?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (17-11-2012),Stiflers Mom  (17-11-2012),wrena  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Farex

Quote Originally Posted by LoveHeart View Post
    Some were giving opinions on how young is too young etc, rather than answering the question about THEIR OWN child.
    Yes that is exactly right I was asking about your OWN children not to (what seemed like to me) tell me how to raise MY baby. He has had 2 nights now where I have spoon fed him a little amount of farex mixed with formula and has seemed more settled and happy then he was last week when I couldn't get enough formula into him so I will stick with the farex for a bit longer then slowly introduce more baby food then when I think he is old enough I will make what my husband and I call Mummy meals of fresh meat and vegetable puréed and mashed with formula just like we did with our other 2 children.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Farex

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    DS started on rice cereal at 4 months as he was showing signs he was ready:
    - large baby
    - lost tongue thrust reflex (as verified by a mchn)
    - could hold head up
    - showed an interest in food

I am curious as to what reasons your doctor provided for starting solids? And what (if any) guidelines surrounding the use of solids were prescribed? Eg did your doctor assign rice cereal only for reflux? for thickening milk feeds? What readiness signs Is your bub displaying?

I don't think it's unreasonable that people ask questions as:
    - current recommendations are
    Bubs start solids between 4-6 months (possibly to be upped to 6 months with recent Australian studies). It is quite reasonable for people to be a little surprised at a 13 week old bub starting solids. It is absolutely reasonable for someone to gawk at an 8 week old starting solids.
    - you are asking questions on when other bubs started. If you are confident in the decision to start your bub on solids now then why would you bother to ask what other bubs did?
    I was starting a general conversation as this topic has come up in my mothers group quiet often, my Dr recommended it as bub is constantly hungry and screaming for food it was getting to the point of what felt like he never stopped so she suggested introducing farex at 13 weeks rather then 16 weeks