+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Underwear for C-Section

I went just plain black high cut briefs from best and less. Hubby ended up buying me more and then I just chucked the really yucky ones after wearing them (I had quite a bit of bleeding).

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Underwear for C-Section

Quote Originally Posted by giggle berry View Post
    Personally I would recommend something where the elastic waist band will sit around your waist even over your pregnant belly. This way it will be no where near your wound or dressing. Otherwise it constantly sticks and pulls on the dressing.

I "thought" I'd packed granny pants but after the c-section realised they weren't granny enough! My OB actually told me when he came to check my wound to send someone out to buy me proper granny pants as the ones I had on will end up driving me nuts and interfering with my wound healing well.
    LOL same! I ended up with an infected scar and my GP said nope, those undies aren't big enough, they need to go to here (stands up and puts her hands under her boobs )

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Men's jocks! I got a big cheap multi pack. Enough room for maternity pads (d00dle space). And nice and high over the scar. I got all black pairs and would just throw them out in the first day or two.
    This! I found them to be really comfortable too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I wore hipsters they sat just under my incision or as suggested put a pad over your scar and undies/clothing sits on it, the MW taught me that with DD4

Thanks
    Reviews
    I liked the kind of lacy/meshy ones from cotton on, in a size bigger then normal. They sat exactly where the cut was but because they were so thin and lightweight I didn't feel it.

I tried granny pants but felt so uncomfy! The only problem is I dont know how the cotton on ones would go at holding a big pad- I was able to get away with a regular slim pad on day 2 and that fit perfectly

I'd take a few choices!

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I wore hipsters they sat just under my incision or as suggested put a pad over your scar and undies/clothing sits on it, the MW taught me that with DD4
    yup - this ...

I was advised to pack granny undies .. which I did .. and i've NEVER worn them .. I just cant do it!! lol

I wore hipsters and bikini undies, and I just kept the pad on my scar for longer ...

matalee is offline The greater the fight, the greater the victory
    Thanks
    Reviews

I wore granny undies. I'm a size 12 & I bought a pack of size 18 ones. Soooo comfy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Underwear for C-Section

I wore just hipsters - bonds - but my scar is quite low so it wasn't a problem.

But I bought granny undies for birthing katelyn.... and guilty confession I still wear them. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I just wore my normal undies. I had a dressing on for 5 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaliyahsmummy View Post
    I liked the kind of lacy/meshy ones from cotton on, in a size bigger then normal. They sat exactly where the cut was but because they were so thin and lightweight I didn't feel it.

I tried granny pants but felt so uncomfy! The only problem is I dont know how the cotton on ones would go at holding a big pad- I was able to get away with a regular slim pad on day 2 and that fit perfectly

I'd take a few choices!

This is exactly what I had, the lace top undies from cotton on ... So comfy!!!!