+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Underwear for C-Section

I am wanting to know what underwear to pack for the hospital for C-section.
    I am getting advice of big granny undies that are loose and then I am getting told tight underpants.
    I have no idea what to pack now - your experienced help please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Personally I would recommend something where the elastic waist band will sit around your waist even over your pregnant belly. This way it will be no where near your wound or dressing. Otherwise it constantly sticks and pulls on the dressing.

I "thought" I'd packed granny pants but after the c-section realised they weren't granny enough! My OB actually told me when he came to check my wound to send someone out to buy me proper granny pants as the ones I had on will end up driving me nuts and interfering with my wound healing well.
    Last edited by giggle berry; 16-11-2012 at 18:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I wore real low riding hipsters that sat below my wound. Granny panties would have driven me insane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Higher than your hair line IYKWIM!
    it'll be sensitive for a while
    the theory if tight underpants is to help your tummy tighten back up, but I found I was too sensitive for the support underwear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used granny undies, my normal bikini undies sat right on my wound and really irritated me. I just bought a cheap 7 pack of grannies at target and chucked them after a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually wore tena continence undies! You buy them from the supermarket. They were nice and high but supportive around the front. And they were more absorbent and comfortable then maternity pads + undies. They also absorbed any discharge from your wound if needed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaNurture For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Underwear for C-Section

I personally found in hospital I liked my hipsters with a pad on my wound, by wearing hipsters they kept the pad in place and I didnt have elastic around my belly which was still big. Granny undies were good when I got home as I didnt need the pad on the wound and belly had gone down and I was mobile so the high elastic didnt bother me. For top, take some crop tops in a big size, they support well while your boobies are giant but are easy to feed in.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

I went for the big granny style panties that went over my wound. They were awesome! Very comfy, didn't rub on the wound and kept the giant maternity pads in place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Men's jocks! I got a big cheap multi pack. Enough room for maternity pads (d00dle space). And nice and high over the scar. I got all black pairs and would just throw them out in the first day or two.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    I went for the big granny style panties that went over my wound. They were awesome! Very comfy, didn't rub on the wound and kept the giant maternity pads in place.
    ^^^ me too. I got mine from Big W :-)

I got the really tight ones but wasn't able to wear them for about 10 days after the CS. I'm still wearing them and that was 5 weeks ago, they definitely helped me feel better.