+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: What is internal exam like?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    You've have no idea how comforting it is to hear someone voice this!!! I had a wax today down there for the first time years because I'm very uncomfortable with someone down there poking around. I just keep telling myself this is part of having my baby and they see it all the time!!
    Thank you for your honesty! It's funny because I've packed my swimming tog bottoms and bikini top for the shower at the hospital and thought I might get laughed at for being shy!
    No they really won't. They've seen everything before I'm sure

"Everyone" says "check your dignity at the door" etc I found that a really confronting idea.

I know some women birth totally nude and that's totally fine for them but I birthed with a top on and the midwife helped me out of my undies when things started really going on. I had internal exams with both babies and after each internal I'd put my undies back on. I also wore a long skirt because I could just hitch it up I felt more comfortable. Though I birthed kneeling on the floor so I took it off because it got caught on my knees.

Also as soon as katelyn was born they helped lift my top off so I could put her skin to skin and I was totally nude for the next 2 hours and didn't notice I was too busy with my baby. But I was under blankets.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What is internal exam like?

Thanks for all that! I really appreciate it and might just go buy some tomorrow to try now. The induction is planned for Sunday week which will bring bub only a week early. But the medical reasons far outweigh my fear!! I just want to try getting my body ready for it! So that its successful. And avoids a c section.
    Once again, thanks for the tip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    You've have no idea how comforting it is to hear someone voice this!!! I had a wax today down there for the first time years because I'm very uncomfortable with someone down there poking around. I just keep telling myself this is part of having my baby and they see it all the time!!
    Thank you for your honesty! It's funny because I've packed my swimming tog bottoms and bikini top for the shower at the hospital and thought I might get laughed at for being shy!
    Lol.. I got waxed for both labours also. As I am a very private person I hadn't even had a pap before dd1 was born as I was shy (bad I know but all good now) I wore one if their hospital gowns and was covered in a blanket until I was ready to push. The gown kept me covered but was easily moved down for skin to skin and bf (plus it goes in their wash to clean as it can get a little messy )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
    Lol.. I got waxed for both labours also. As I am a very private person I hadn't even had a pap before dd1 was born as I was shy (bad I know but all good now) I wore one if their hospital gowns and was covered in a blanket until I was ready to push. The gown kept me covered but was easily moved down for skin to skin and bf (plus it goes in their wash to clean as it can get a little messy )
    I plan on wearing hospital gown I think for the pushing etc. also because I don't want to mess up my stuff. And I thought I would be mostly covered. I've also told DH under no circumstances should he look down there or photograph down there!!!!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: What is internal exam like?

Also if you do wind up with a csection it's good idea to discuss how you want it to be handled. Like baby is to remain with you at all times except in an emergency, baby could be placed on your chest etc

But hopefully not

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Also if you do wind up with a csection it's good idea to discuss how you want it to be handled. Like baby is to remain with you at all times except in an emergency, baby could be placed on your chest etc

But hopefully not

Good idea. Unfortunately I won't have much of a choice with that one which doesn't make me overly happy. Even with vaginal birth I will only have 20 minutes of cuddles/skin to skin before she is whisked away to neonatal special care for observation due to her serious heart condition. Providing she comes out breathing on her own etc. DH has been told to go with her no matter what! Another reason I don't want it ending up in c section, I want to be able to be up and about and go down to visit her in intensive care.
    None of it is the birth/pregnancy I initially imagine in my head. :/ but as long as she arrives safely in no distress I will be happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found the internals to be quite painful to tell you the truth. For me it was because I was so nervous so really try to focus on your breathing and keeping your jaw relaxed also you can ask them to give you the gas during your internals too.

I hope that you have a natural birth but even with a c section they will take you down in a wheelchair to visit bubba mate, they did with my little man