+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Real estate agents

I'm an owner and can I just say that sometimes its not the agent but us that drags our heels. We have had some annoying tenants who have complained non stop about everything. I put my foot down when the tenant complained about the leaking kitchen tap ( ps not WE pay for the water not the tenant) I saw the "leak" and it was minuet so we said no, ( we had it professionally looked at too - he agreed- we did get it fixed when they moved out). We also put our foot down when they tried to claim cost of replacing a lightbulb ( as I had literally left a dozen at the property as spares if needed and had recently had them ALL replaced anyway )
    Anything safety wise we get fixed ASAP but anything "cosmetic" we will explore options for a week or two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My last property manager took (literally) months to let us know about issues. The poor tenant. She of course, probably thought it was us. Now that we've sacked them & self manage, I can talk to the tenant directly via email or phone - it's great - and saves hundreds $ per year.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    My last property manager took (literally) months to let us know about issues. The poor tenant. She of course, probably thought it was us. Now that we've sacked them & self manage, I can talk to the tenant directly via email or phone - it's great - and saves hundreds $ per year.
    I wonder sometimes if our agents didn't pass stuff on ( we got new ones after the tap / light bulb tenants ) ie we moved back to our rental and the aircon doesn't work at all ( thanks to 6 geckos fried on the board) we wonder if the tenant never told or if the agent never bothered.
    We live in a hot climate and know aircon is essential

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Real estate agents

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma121 View Post
    I know that sorry I wasn't clear what I meant we were paying for it of course but I had to get permission to put the fence in as its modifying the property. We had discussed all this at the start and they said it would be fine and just to put it in writing when we needed it. We put it up anyway but they never gave me written permission to do so.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub
    Ahh ok. If you're still concerned about it you could try sending a letter to them saying something along the lines of "as per our conversation, this is to confirm that we have replaced the fence at our own cost" and you could also say whether you are planning on leaving it when you go, or taking it down. That way it's still in writing :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had GREAT and the WORST but I suppose like anything you have decent people and those who think the sun shines out of their .
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 18-11-2012 at 23:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I've never had bad PMs but slack tight a$$ LLs.

My dad is a builder so anything non essential he could and did fix. We only ever ask for things like, our retaining wall was falling down, making access to our back door impossible.
    We did also complain about our tap constantly leaking even after my dad replaced all the washes ect because we DO pay for our water use!
    We also complained about a water stain in our sunroom growing and finally our sewerage leaking

Thanks
    Reviews

Yuck waterlily those things are all safety ( or in case of tap coming out of your pocket) .
    I don't understand how some land lords can sleep knowing there are safety issues. I'm pretty sure there is a clause that safety stuff gets fixed even without owners approval.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    Yuck waterlily those things are all safety ( or in case of tap coming out of your pocket) .
    I don't understand how some land lords can sleep knowing there are safety issues. I'm pretty sure there is a clause that safety stuff gets fixed even without owners approval.
    When I was still working it was emergency, ie toilet overflow, burst pipe. You could spend the equivalent of two weeks rent on a repair. We used to have recommended trades people and they would normally do a patch repair (to get through the weekend, when these things seem to happen) and then we and the landlord would catch up and get the total repair done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't say scum of the earth but definitely very difficult to deal with.

We are presently on the hunt for a rental and admittedly I've had to grit my teeth with all except one who was courteous. The rest just grab your ID, actually charge you for photocopying and are just so snooty you just want to back hand them even if it's just to wipe the smirk of their faces.

I am actually quite surprised at the incompetent people in real estate. We turned up to a few inspections with the agent not turning up as "the tenant will show you through". Just really unprofessional. No wonder the industry has a really bad name.

Dare I say it, I really regret not buying a property when I had the chance and I am paying dearly for it now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Real estate agents

We have had a fair share of crap agents. Stuck up people who treat you like dirt and forget that your an actual person. One of our last agents wouldnt let me be present for final inspection and i had to drop keys half hour away then get told i needed to wipe one window so had to drive half back, get keys, drive back to house then back to office all on a sat before one or pay another weeks rent coz it would click over to monday and the office is closed. I could of done the window on the day if i couldve been there!! They went bust thank god awful awful bris company.

Our rea now is amazing. She txts me if ive stuffed rent up and to update me on repair things. Our aircon died and she was so sorry that it couldnt get done sooner, she always asks how i was doing preggo and about baby even when i locked myself out of house twice she drove round with keys. And the owner even sent us a gift when we had bub. This will def be the last place we rent we have it so good.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub