+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Real estate agents

lol I'm a property manager too
    We're not all bad I promise! In our office we only think of people as second class citizens if they act like them...
    You get treated pretty badly in this job, not by everyone but by enough people that you stop letting your guard down and find yourself being less nice to everyone. I try and correspond to everyone by email so it's always in writing. Everything we do is dictated by a law, so if you think you're property manager is doing something wrong call your local tribunal and find out. If they are then call them out on it. Everything I do is guided by the NSW residential tenancy act - this makes some landlords unhappy and it makes some tenants unhappy, but you can never make everyone happy, so so long as I'm doing everything by the book then I'm doing it right.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Disbride For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (16-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Real estate agents

Property management is a really tough job, my one at work is great and has been doing it for 15 years , I wouldn't last a week!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I made sure i listed as much as possible on the entry condition report and took about a million photos so if he wants to dispute things when the time comes i'm ready for the fight..lol
    It's horrible that some of them go after your money just because they can. Some people don't relise they have rights and the ability to dispute it so they probably get away with it a fair number of times.
    From what I know, the photos dont count unless they are signed on the back by the property manager and dated. At least that was the way it was with my real estate for my first rental many moons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    ( quickly taking off blazer )
    Of course not!
    Bahahaha
    I'll go light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    From what I know, the photos dont count unless they are signed on the back by the property manager and dated. At least that was the way it was with my real estate for my first rental many moons ago.
    I hope that's not the case if there is a dispute. I got a 'new tenant checklist' from fair trading when i moved in and it states that photos are a great way to record the condition of the property. They just need to be date stamped. Doesn't say anything about having to be signed by the property manager though.

I just hope there is no dispute

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real estate agents

My good property managers have been fantastic, my bad ones have led to me having a small breakdown at the thought of having to call them about anything.

Luckily my current one is fantastic. At the last inspection she told me I had the neatest junk room she'd ever seen & that she didn't bother with the white glove test anymore because the gloves clashed with her uniform. She also shared an off the record rant about our land lord not letting us get a pet.

In contrast my last one told me off for having shoes on the floor (where else am I meant to put them?) & abused me for getting mad after a month with a broken heater in the middle of a record breaking winter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we don't currently have a property manager but have had no end of trouble with our neighbour's property manager! We've had ongoing issues the last few years with trees overhanging our property, but back in April one of the massive trees finally cracked our fence (we pointed out this was likely to happen!). We got hold of the property manager and she eventually got quotes done (after months of nagging on my behalf) and said that we'd be lucky if the owner agreed to them as he doesn't like spending money....well he finally agreed to it and they came out and removed a tree.... She sent them out without having looked at the property herself or the work that needed to be done and they removed the wrong tree!! Next thing you know she's blaming everyone but herself.....and it's now November, we still have a cracked fence, there's still a big tree there making the crack worse and she will no longer take my calls....

As we're planning on selling in the next 12 months we'd like to get it sorted....we're now dealing direct with the owner......but it's a very slow process....

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh we just came from a terrible one. We put in notice back in Feb to add to the fence so that my husband's work dog couldn't get out. All this had been discussed before we moved in. They at first said no until I pointed out that not letting us would be forcing us to breech the lease. They then said they'd get written permission for us. I never got it and we moved out last month.

When we left they tried to tell us we had to clean the mould off the celling that was there before we moved in. I said but it was on the condition report when we moved in. They still insisted. Then they wanted to hold our bond over leaves in the garage. I was like okay well you take us to the tribunal over all that then. They didn't and we just got bond back this week. Funnily enough they never mentioned the piece of fencing that the dog had ripped off.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    From what I know, the photos dont count unless they are signed on the back by the property manager and dated. At least that was the way it was with my real estate for my first rental many moons ago..
    It might depend on what state you're in, but in NSW they just need to be dated not signed, but it wouldn't hurt to give a copy to the agent at the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by luv2luv View Post
    the real estate told us we had to be there at home to host an open house and let 3 or so couples come through as she wouldn't be able to get there on the weekend and do it herself !
    lol in NSW that's illegal - the agent must be present for inspections.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma121 View Post
    Oh we just came from a terrible one. We put in notice back in Feb to add to the fence so that my husband's work dog couldn't get out. All this had been discussed before we moved in. They at first said no until I pointed out that not letting us would be forcing us to breech the lease.
    It's actually up to you to make sure your dog is secure in the yard.

I should probably stop checking this thread, or I'm going to start making a bad name for myself...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG!! Some of you have had awful pm's. If you're currently renting make sure correspondence is in writing. Also, I'm pretty sure as long as the photos are date stamped its ok. I used to ask my new tenants to do this and we'd swap a burnt disk of our photos. About the entry report a pp mentioned, I'm in QLD and (unless the laws have changed) the report has to be given to you upon signing the lease/moving in and then you have to hand back a copy within 3 days. Up here agents HAVE TO follow the Property Agents and Motor Dealers Act, failure to do so gets you in a lot of trouble. ARGH bad agents ping me off as most of us are nice and pretty bl00dy competent.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Disbride View Post
    It's actually up to you to make sure your dog is secure in the yard.
    I know that sorry I wasn't clear what I meant we were paying for it of course but I had to get permission to put the fence in as its modifying the property. We had discussed all this at the start and they said it would be fine and just to put it in writing when we needed it. We put it up anyway but they never gave me written permission to do so.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub