+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yerp. Our last issue went to the tribunal and even after the case was found in our favour and the real estate agency refunded our money, the property manager STILL claimed that we were wrong, the tribunal was wrong, everyone was wrong except for her. Uh-huh.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Yerp. Our last issue went to the tribunal and even after the case was found in our favour and the real estate agency refunded our money, the property manager STILL claimed that we were wrong, the tribunal was wrong, everyone was wrong except for her. Uh-huh.
    That should shock me, but it doesnt.

I also agree with PP that renters are considered second class because we arent buying. I love how snooty they look with their gold blazers too....DP said he is going to buy a gold blazer next time we have issues to remind them its just a jacket and to get their heads out the a$$es Lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (16-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    That sounds familiar. We went through the exact same thing a few years ago except we dealt directly with the owner.
    Thankfully we haven't had one as bad as that again.

The property manager i currently have seems like a real jerk. He told me that at the end of my lease he has the power to take my bond if anything isn't up to scratch in his opinion and there is nothing i can do about it. It must just popular belief that tenants have rights and can dispute things. It' not like my signature is needed on the bond form or anything, right?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    That sounds familiar. We went through the exact same thing a few years ago except we dealt directly with the owner.

The property manager i currently have seems like a real jerk. He told me that at the end of my lease he has the power to take my bond if anything isn't up to scratch in his opinion and there is nothing i can do about it. It must just popular belief that tenants have rights and can dispute things. It' not like my signature is needed on the bond form or anything, right?
    Oh gosh sounds like you're in for it when you move. My advice is do everything via email from now on and keep it all for records when you go to tribunal. Amazing how they (agents) think they can bully people and take their money.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real estate agents

now I know how every feels about me!!
    Nah I'm a nice real estate agent I promise ! I have been in sales for 22 years so am hopefully doing something right!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post

Most property managers have a hero complex unfortunately! He can't take 1 cent of your bond unless he had your signature or a court order so don't let him intimidate you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    now I know how every feels about me!!
    Nah I'm a nice real estate agent I promise ! I have been in sales for 22 years so am hopefully doing something right!
    Do you have a gold blazer? If so, when you put it on, does your nose instantly rise up slightly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

There are loads of crap ones out there but there are also some awesome ones. I have dealt with more bad then good but when I find a good one they tend to be very good on every level.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Oh gosh sounds like you're in for it when you move. My advice is do everything via email from now on and keep it all for records when you go to tribunal. Amazing how they (agents) think they can bully people and take their money.
    I made sure i listed as much as possible on the entry condition report and took about a million photos so if he wants to dispute things when the time comes i'm ready for the fight..lol
    It's horrible that some of them go after your money just because they can. Some people don't relise they have rights and the ability to dispute it so they probably get away with it a fair number of times.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Do you have a gold blazer? If so, when you put it on, does your nose instantly rise up slightly?
    ( quickly taking off blazer )
    Of course not!