+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real estate agents

Anyone else think some real estate agents are the scum of the earth??
    Sorry if you are one but I am so over ours, she is so rude and with her communication skills (or lack of) Im not sure how she even got a job. Plus she really has the upper hand because we need somewhere to live so she really doesn't care. Lucky we are moving when our lease is up.

Whats your experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Never trust a salesman.. especially a real estate person haha. I'm sure not all real estate agents are rude like that though.. in fact I'd say most of them are pretty nice. You get the bad eggs but you get that in every profession to be honest. The bad eggs have to work somewhere.

Sorry I've never had to deal with bad real estate agents as I've only ever rented one property and they were lovely.. the rest of the time I've either lived with my dad or in the house my DH and I bought together and obviously real estate agents are nice to you then lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The one who sold us our current home was annoying. He used to communicate by text message which we found unprofessional given our formal relationship, but he kept doing it. Even put smiley faces in the messages, weirdly immature.

As a general rule I font find them any better or worse than othervpeople in the population, some are nice, some are rude, and some should be in a different line of work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Are you talking about rental property managers?

I've had some wonderful ones but my current one is a poo head. We were without a shower for 3 weeks (and all that needed doing was two tiles to be replaced). Three bloody weeks!!!! I had to wash my hair in the bath and bathe when I had AF. Drove me bloody insane. She did absolutely nothing to hurry the landlords along and had zero sympathy of how she would feel having a family without such an essential facility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I've had to fight for my legal rights with both sales agents and property mangers a couple of times now. As PP said - never trust a salesman/woman - and that's all they bloody are. I've also fired our property manager for extreme incompetence, they're just as bad to the owner/landlords as they are the tenants! They'll lie through their teeth to claw a few bucks out of any situation. Actually one of my 2012 resolutions was NO real estate agency business - can do without the stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've been renting for several years. I've never had any major issues.

I do think a lot of property managers do look down their nose at renters though. It's like we are viewed as being second class citizens because we aren't in the market to buy a property! It's all smiles when people are looking to buy

There are good and bad people in all professions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow. Let me just say as a former property manager, sorry. To the pp who went without the shower: did you complain? If its an essential thing YOU CAN get the work done and claim the money back otherwise the agent/landlord has to do it pretty much straight away. I agree some agents (sales and pm's) are tw@ts. It can be a hard job sometimes but at the end of the day no one is forcing them to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    Wow. Let me just say as a former property manager, sorry. To the pp who went without the shower: did you complain? If its an essential thing YOU CAN get the work done and claim the money back otherwise the agent/landlord has to do it pretty much straight away. I agree some agents (sales and pm's) are tw@ts. It can be a hard job sometimes but at the end of the day no one is forcing them to do it.
    Thanks for that, and there are so many great ones out there it's a shame the few who aren't so great can make life so difficult.

I complained a LOT lol. It's the second time we've had issues with it due to faulty grouting and the first time we were charged for it and it wasn't fixed anyway. I thought about going to the tribunal but I figured all of that takes time too so I just kept nagging.

I wasn't game to pay for it myself because our landlords are really cheap so we would've ended up with a huge battle in the tribunal - I think they eventually claimed it on their insurance because it was a fault when the house was built.

Still waiting for the carpets/walls to be fixed as a result of the leaks... good grief, who knows HOW long all that will take

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (16-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Real estate agents

We have a sh-t real estate at the moment. We came renting from a place where we never had an issue to now when they take six months to do anything and then threaten us with notices to leave over a garden. I think it's the property manager, she's very inexperienced and unprofessional and bypassing all the ways you are supposed to go about in asking tenants to do something. The owner of the actual real estate seems alright. Don't get me started on the owners.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    In my 12years as a renter I have had 2 good property managers. The others have done everything to screw us over. We have been good renters, rent always on time, water bills paid on time, no major damage to houses or noise complaints etc. Oh the stories I could tell.
    Last rental DP and I had, there was no condition report and no matter what we did they kept putting off getting one to us. We were there a year. Come the end of the lease they called me and DP every name under the sun and tried to bully us to pay to fix things that were wrong from the beginning (broken retic, air con not working, scratches in wall from curtains etc.). This fight went on for roughly 9months, with them leaving abusive messages on my machine and refusing to give us a cent of bond back and then refusing to speak to me when I rang back to discuss the matter. I even went into the office and asked (politely) to speak to the property manager and she said unless I was there to pay the EXTRA amount we 'owed' for 'damages' she didnt want to see me in that office .....in the end we got a lawyer. One call from our lawyer and what do you know, the property manager suddenly remembered she had no legal leg to stand on and gave us back all our bond. Had we not had a backbone they would have happily taken every cent from us ILLEGALLY.

Hate real estates and, by extension, property managers. I am convinced they make it their mission to get as much money from tenants when they leave, regardless of how good the condition of the property is left in.