+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this Diabetes post partum ?? Help please

I breast fed for about 7.5 months. One week after stopping all together I started to wake up in the morning feeling very shaky on my feet, I'd get up for baby but fall back down into bed again, I was too lethargic to stand. And now I fall into these uncomfortable deep sleeps during the day and when I wake up my arms feel so week it takes me a while before I can pick my baby up.

I’m not urinating a lot nor am I losing weight. I did fine for 3 days eating low carb and today I ate some left over couscous for breakfast and before I knew it I was falling into a deep sleep while my baby was crying in the play pen.

I will go and see a Dr I just have to wait for my appointment next week but I'd like to know now if anyone has had similar happen once they stopped breast feeing ? I was fine until I stopped the breast feeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't heard of this nor experienced this but it sounds very disturbing. Hope you managed to get some answers from dr and investigation done. Hope you recover soon too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is it possibly hyPOglycaemia? Maybe a bit of protein would help? Do you have a glucometer you coul test your blood sugar when you are feeling off and see?