+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Fragility (aka. Life goes on) - Week 4, Day 3 - Blog 38

I'm sitting on the train to work. I've done my Rush workout for this morning and I'm ready for the weekend. Human relationships are a funny thing, I've always had a habit on relying on other people too much for emotional support. When you're as unhappy within yourself as I've been for the last decade, well, I guess if I hadn't had other people to prop me up, I probably wouldn't be standing now.

Yesterday was a wake-up call for me. I'm still proud of the way I handled the situation and my emotional reaction to it but it's also made me recognise that I need to be stronger within myself. I don't want to be the toxic friend that everyone has to support all the time, the one who can't stand on her own two feet.

I've said before that people have told me repeatedly how strong I am while simultaneously being the only thing stopping me from falling in a hole. It's time for me to actually be strong, to rely on myself for a change and know that I won't let myself down. So yes, I'm fragile right now but I will get stronger over time and I will slowly but surely learn to deal with my emotions in a healthy way.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes, yes, yes GQ! Lots of healthy headspace stuff right there! You can do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Thanks purple, I actually think you're right. I can do this.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Timing is a funny thing isn't it. The fact that you have been emotionally challenged in a big way right at the time that you are also finding out that you can make a go of things outside of your comfort zone show you just how far you have come and gives you a glimpse of what you are really capable of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

You're so right, SPG. I needed this to happen so I could stop using my friendships as a crutch and stand on my own two feet. I still need my friends but it's been so long since I've felt like I can rely on myself and it gives me such high hopes for the future.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We need to catch up soon. Plan a sickie or a day off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

ROFL! I had one yesterday, woman and you bailed on me!

(Just in case anyone's wondering, London was not the subject of yesterday's post, though! )

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    ROFL! I had one yesterday, woman and you bailed on me!

(Just in case anyone's wondering, London was not the subject of yesterday's post, though! )
    I had no vroom-vroom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

I know, that sucked big time! We will definitely have to catch up sometime, though!