+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Placenta previa

Hi all, I just have a few questions that I thought maybe ye could help with, so my sister is pregnant after 8years of trying and had now being told that her placenta is lying low and she may have to have a cesarean which does not seem to bother her too much, but a lot have people have now told me that her life and the babys life are in danger that it is extremely dangerous and that she should not do anything but rest until bub comes she is 27wks I don't want to alarm her yet incase this is not the case but if it is I need to tell her as this baby is so much wanted and loved by all of us.. I'm sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section please move if so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Default Placenta previa

I had placenta pravia with my last pregnancy and as it didn't move I needed a c section. I was very lucky as I didn't experience any bleeding from the PP through my pregnancy. I have heard of women having bleeding and having to go on bed rest for the rest of their pregnancies though.

I ended up bleeding a lot after bub was pulled out (a PPH) and needed several blood transfusions over the next few days. I also had a bakri balloon inserted to help with the bleeding which came out 24 hours after bub was born.

Tell your sister to try not to listen to the horror stories and not to google PP too much as there is lots of scary info on there. Hopefully she will have an incident free pregnancy and her placenta will move so she doesn't have to have a c section.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

lee87  (16-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Placenta previa

Last edited by lee87; 16-11-2012 at 10:17.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Placenta previa

Last edited by lee87; 16-11-2012 at 10:18.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Placenta previa

Thank you so much for your response it's great to have bubhub as somebody will always have answers I will tell her not to google it and what you have told me as you have gone through it. Did you also continue with your everyday duties like cleaning the home, driving and walking she has 2 dogs so goes for long walks almost everyday due to having a small garden

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:

Default Placenta previa

I continued with normal life. Went to work, kept up with housework, took my dog for walks. I did try not to push myself and when I was feeling tired I would rest.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Placenta previa

I will let her know thank you so much you have being a great help 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default Placenta previa

No problems. Best thing to do is check with her doctor if she is worried about anything. They will let her know if she Needs to limit her a activities or anything.