+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Honestly, does anyone else care about other people?

Is common courtesy completely dead? Bring on the zombie apocalypse already.
    To the first question - no
    to the second - absolutely it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    And this is why I love where I live - they box up your groceries, carry them to your car, they let the kids feather dust the shelves while I shop. The city depresses me.
    No city bashing here but I agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know exactly how you feel some days I wish I had a giant roo bar on my trolley/pram to push my way through the rude and ignorant ppl. If I have unintentionally blocked an aisle and someone has to say excuse me I apologise promptly and mean it, but when it's the other way around and I get a dirty look its like wtf I didn't realise I was in your shop!!
    i have to admit though I have had some very helpful ppl on the rare occasion and they have been older men who have offered to hold baby &/or help me unpack and pack my shopping so I can't complain to much. I believe there is good ppl they are just getting fewer are further between.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate grocery shopping at the best of times so know how you're feeling. People are pretty rude and selfish these days. Although maybe they always were.

The kids on scooters would have annoyed me. Heaps of children have no respect these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Does Anyone Give A Sh!t About Other People Anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    And this is why I love where I live - they box up your groceries, carry them to your car, they let the kids feather dust the shelves while I shop. The city depresses me.
    OMG where do you live? Sounds so 70's lol! Sounds bliss!

I hate the city, I hate it when people don't offer old people the courtesy of reaching for things or the disabled it makes me sad sorry you had a terrible time London

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Does Anyone Give A Sh!t About Other People Anymore?

I don't think it is dead- it's just rare. I've had several experiences with lovely people:

First was I had just had my third daughter, we were grocery shopping and my 2 year old threw a bottle of cream on the floor. Cream went everywhere. A lady with a young child stopped and helped me clean it up while a shop employee went and got me a new bottle of cream.

Second one was I was struggling up carry my newborn, hold my two year olds hand and try to stop my 5 year old from running off, while carrying several bags of groceries. A lady stopped and asked if I wanted her to help carry the groceries. This has happened twice.

Third was when I had finished a massive grocery shop, I was on my way to the car with my newborn screaming. A lady stopped me, said for me to sort baby out and she unpacked my whole trolley for me.

We also have a grocery store here who packs all your groceries and takes them to your car for you.