+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Does Anyone Give A Sh!t About Other People Anymore?

Honestly, does anyone else care about other people?

I just came back from an infuriating 10minute shopping trip to my local food shop (which shall remain nameless). Almost every isle had a person in it, with their trolley, blocking up the whole isle whilst they stood there staring at the shelf with eyes glazed over. I literally had to say 'excuse me' in every isle after standing still patiently waiting for them to move on their own accord. Doesnt anyone notice other people anymore?

Then at the cash register, a lady shopping with her 2 young kids.....the kids are playing with the plastic bags that are set on the counter for shoppers to bag their own groceries (yes that annoys me but for some reason this place doesnt bag your shopping). So there are bags EVERYWHERE and the mum is just standing there while the lady scans....her items are piling up at the end of the counter. She then pays and then stands there slowly bagging. Ok...I'll be patient....I wait and the cashier helps her bag the items. Then she stands there telling her kids to sit down or they arent moving......the kids are having a rebelious day and the mum says "fine, we'll wait"..meanwhile blocking up the cash register. Eventually she moves on and leaves the plastic bags strewn everywhere....so the cashier has to spend a minute putting them all back where they belong before she can scan my stuff.

THEN, leaving the store, a lady who runs the bakery near the exit is closing up...she is dragging a chair across the walkway..nt a heavy chair, jsut a normal small chair. She is on the phone too and is laughing away, taking her sweet a$$ time....obviously oblivious to the fact that she is BLOCKING UP THE FRIGGING EXIT!!!!

Get in the car, start driving home and get to a T section. About to go and then notice 2 kids (about 10ish) on scooters crossing infront of me in the lane I want to go in. So I pull out at a snails pace waiting for these kids to move, and they dont. They scoot along in their own world, taking up a cars lane on a busy road at a busy time. I call out my window "get off the road" and am promply told to "F**k off C**t" by them. Lovely.

So yes, I am in a rage about this whole trip to the shops but it just reminds me that people seem to not care anymore. If I am out and about I try to not get in peoples way. I move if I see I might be blocking someone. I clean up after my child if he causes a mess, especially one that inconveiniences others.

Is common courtesy completely dead? Bring on the zombie apocalypse already.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (15-11-2012)

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

What a lovely time you had and those kids sound so nice....

Cuddles xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Veve  (15-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm sorry you had such a crappy shopping trip normally I feel the same but had my faith in humanity restored this morning doing my groceries. Mr 3 month old decided to lose it as I was about to start putting my items up for scanning so the older lady behind me took it upon herself to help me unpack the trolley and then repack it (Aldi) so I could settle him there are still good people out there just few and far between I think

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Id love to have my faith in humanity restored
    Maybe I need to move....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Maybe I need to move....
    Come to Melbourne! I can't remember the last time I had a bad day like that. Or maybe my expectations are just lower...I dunno.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    And this is why I love where I live - they box up your groceries, carry them to your car, they let the kids feather dust the shelves while I shop. The city depresses me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh some people are complete and utter @$$holes!

I was shopping the other day with DH and DD, i went one way while he went another to get things faster (we were both over the shops and people lol), as i was walking down this isle a youngish girl (would have been maybe 18/19 max) comes in behind me pushing a stroller (the kid, maybe 2yr old) was running in front of me. A larger lady was walking out of the isle passing me, the girl with the stroller pushed her into the stuff stacked up at the end of the isle and kept walking, didn't apoligise or anything, acted like nothing at all happened.

The poor lady was really shaken up by it, in tears and had a sore arm, i felt so bad for her, asked her if she was ok and she said yes and then put her shopping down and left. The young girl kept shopping. I saw her 10mins later and she tried to barge my DH out the way. He's a bigger guy and stood his ground and the young girl almost landed on her butt with a mouthful of abuse at DH for not moving out of her way and being a 'fat c#nt'.

Charming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry darl, just that first comment about you having to ask someone to move coz they are in the way.

I get so angry when people toot and tisk and PUSH PAST me if Im blocking the way. I turn and just say "Use your words like the big girl/boy you are, a simple "excuss me" would work fine" lol I get so annoyed when I obviously dont notice and they get angry, its like, OK I get it, Im in my own world and dont know your there. Let me know by making a noise or something lol

You sound like you had a great day though ahhaha Other people annoy me when Im out especcially on the road hahaha My kids have noticed the colourful words coming out my mouth!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (16-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hate days like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    And this is why I love where I live - they box up your groceries, carry them to your car, they let the kids feather dust the shelves while I shop. The city depresses me.
    I refuse to go into the city unless absolutely absolutely necessary. The people in the city depress me..busy busy, gotta go, cant stop for anything!

c2p08, people really do suck! That poor other lady. Its no wonder (some) kids are the way they are now.....judging by their role models..yes I said it...JUDGING.