+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gushes of liquid .....

Yep, my waters were leaky... Would come out in small gushes however I filled a pad in about 30 mins. Good luck!! Please call and speak to a midwife

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Gushes of liquid .....

How are you going now op?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I talked to a midwife yesterday... All she suggested was that I keep an eye on it. Being I'm technically high risk I expected a bit more then that but guess it depends on the midwife. I didn't have any liquid yesterday til this morning then had some contractions afterwards. Still contemplating calling back but so far nothing since this morning. Meant to be getting checked for induction on Tuesday so guess will see if it happens again and get more contractions. Thanks for all the responses.

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

She didn't even ask me to go in.... Just to keep an eye on it. Which I've been doing... I just know even tho I'm high risk they will check me and still send me home. I was meant to be checked for induction for Friday if my bp didnt settle which it stayed borderline Thursday.... The doctor wrote on my records to check etc but after 5hrs they sent me home. Same thing happened last year when preg... I went in after fainting and got diagnosed with pre eclampsia... Had high bp and in really bad pain the guy sent me home... Went in next day for my app and the normal doc i saw couldnt believe id been sent home...got kept in for induction but went into spontaneous labor.... So I dunno maybe they just a bit too laid back at this hosp.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yea they do sound a bit layed back .
    I think if it was me I would just call into hospital and make sure it's not your waters

Thanks
    Reviews

It's been 2days and they didnt check you? Go in and ask to be checked.
    My waters broke without any contractions, the middy on the phone said i was just peeing myself. it kept happening so a few hours later i went in. it was my waters and I had to be induced aswell as put on a drip to fight infections. Because the labour/waters broke so long before birth bubs was born with low blood sugar.

Thanks
    Reviews

I called again and the midwife I talked has gotten me to put a pad on and watch that and baby's movements for an hour then I need to call back.... Haven't had any gushes I've noticed this morning but had some contractions..... So guess will see how it goes.....

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm 34+4 at 0430 yesterday morning I had a "gush", called midwife she said to put a pad on then monitor for an hour, called her back.
    There was more "leakage", all clear all clear tho.
    Went to hospital had a swap, turns out it was my waters breaking, been in hospital ever since, had steroid injections for bubs heart, on antibiotics and bed rest to try and get through to 36 weeks(still leaking but apparently you make new fluid every 3 hours)
    if contractions or foetal distress happen its an immediate emerg. Caesar cause bubs is breached. If we can get her through to 36 weeks still Caesar but at least she's "cooked" a little longer and won't have to stay in the premmie nursery.
    So it's been a most fun weekend
    Hope everything is going good with you and your baby.

Thanks
    Reviews

They did tests etc but its not my waters apparantly.... Their tests came back negative. They almost kept me in still to induce me but changed their minds as baby wasn't engaged so sent me home. Still having contractions on and off and had another lil gush of liquid. Guess I just have to hope that Tuesday they will definately keep me in and induce me. Bp was still borderline. She did do an internal said I was soft but that was all she said..... Oh wow good luck and hope ur baby stays put for u.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks guys, still holding in there, fingers crossed for you too OP.