+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Advice needed (:

The only time a pregnancy test can be wrong is with a false negative, they don't show a positive unless you have the pregnancy hormones in your system.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Keerah For This Useful Post:

littleone03  (15-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleone03 View Post
    Thank you so much for not being rude like others. This is obviously my 1st pregnancy and I'm just not sure how its all suppose to go. But thank you very much for the advice! (:
    I agree, there were some unnecessarily rude comments. Congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope it is healthy and uneventful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just lost a reply. Littleone03 - some people, once you have a positive pregnancy test at home go to their GP for a blood test and a referral for a dating scan. The dating scan gives you an estimated due date. In my opinion and experience these are best done at about 7 or 8 weeks. They would be able to see heart beat and other markers they look for at that time.

You have some options as far as care during your pregnancy is concerned so yous may want to consider what type of care and birth you would like. There is care under obstetrician, midwife assisted programs, hospitals and shared care with GP. I don't know much about each option so you may want to check out some other threads. I have been under midwife care as I wanted support but the least possible intervention during birth. I felt this was the best option for me. If you are keen for drugs and epidurals you would probably look at other options.

Please ask if you have questions. I am sorry that you felt some responses were rude. Sometimes in typing tone gets lost. Go to a different thread and find somewhere comfortable. It can be a wonder support and source of information.

Enjoy your pregnancy and the excitement of it all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to net For This Useful Post:

Doc  (15-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like I said, I'm new to all of this. But this definitely was a great help. I am now gonna schedule an appointment asap. Thank you so so much again, I appreciate it (:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Indeed, but thats alright. I was just honestly seeking for advice. You and some others made me feel more comfortable after what was said from some people. Thank you so much! They need more people like you (:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well said net, I think this is the kind of advice and support the OP was after.

CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Advice needed (:

Good luck at your appointment!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was similar, I was sure I was out for the month & had af like cramping. After a few days of cramping and AF not showing up I decided to test & to my surprise it was positive. You never get a FALSE positive on a preg test sometimes you may get an evap line but unlikely 2 tests in a row.
    Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice needed (:

Quote Originally Posted by Keerah View Post
    The only time a pregnancy test can be wrong is with a false negative, they don't show a positive unless you have the pregnancy hormones in your system.
    I have to respectfully disagree, I had a what seemed to be a positive FRER and I was definitely not pregnant, it was a faulty test! Here is a pic:

ImageUploadedByBub Hub1354371809.630015.jpg

(I've since had my BFP but a month later than that ^ one.)

Good luck op!