+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How is your coccyx postpartum?

I'm 3 months PP and struggling with mine. I cracked it 8 years ago which did take a few months to recover. Then I fell down a flight of stairs when I was 30wks pregnant and hurt it pretty badly but it seemed to have gotten better just before I had DD. The first 6 weeks after DD was born were pretty painful but I was spending so much time sitting down breast feeding that I assumed that's what was hindering the healing. But it feels strange now. While standing up isn't very painful anymore (still unpleasant) it is very uncomfortable when I'm sitting on it. But what really bothers me is that I can feel it moving if I move from one side of my bum to the other. It kind if pops, like elbows do sometimes. It's gross and I'm scared that I've done damage. I know I need to go and get it checked out but wondered if anyone had a similar thing

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How is your coccyx postpartum?

My coccyx is 'deformed' apparently. I fell over badly when I was in high school and it hasn't been the same since. It has been even worse postpartum - it sticks out and I have trouble sitting on hard surfaces, particularly if I lean backwards in any way. I can't go on slides (yep, huge issue for a 26 year old ) - I found this out at the park with my son. It was so bad after pregnancy that I had it checked out and X-rayed...But there is nothing they can do about it. There is surgery, but in my case the risks outweigh the benefits.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (15-11-2012)

it took me 6 months to be able to sit properly and now i am 8 months post partum i can sit on it in nearly any angle. I was scared for a long time that i would never be able to sit on it again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babybloom For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (16-11-2012)