+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Possibly moving to Townsville...

Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Just double checked and the suburb is definitely Bungalow
    I wonder if it's a typo? I have never heard of it and Townsville isn't exactly a huge place.

Umm high schools...the public high schools in Townsville generally leave a lot to be desired. I think Pimlico would be one of the better options...it's probably 15-20 mins from Bohle.

There is Northern Beaches State High school which is really close by, but it was a terrible school in the past (not sure about now). There is also Kirwan which has good sport and music programs, but it's enormous, and you would have to check their overall academic performance (I'm not sure what it's like...they used to focus on sport a lot).

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh just read about Bungalow being in Cairns, lol. Guess that explains it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The cathedral school is an excellent anglican school. does K-12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

That's probably... Hubby just told me the head office where the admin girls are is in Cairns lol. So yeah, Townsville would be Bohle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Well that makes it easier- if everything is generally within a half hour drive we can look in a lot more areas. The school our 15 year old goes to is state high and is one of the worst where we live- its notorious for violence and drugs and basically focuses on sport over academics. Thanks for the help everyone, at least we have a starting point!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week

Northern beaches is exactly like that. Probably the worst. Kirwan is getting worse (but I haven't been in tsv for a year). I went to town high but wish I had of just left my friends and changed to Pimlico. I would probably say stay away from all public high schools except Pimlico which is great. That's just my opinion though. It's a little harder to get into Pimlico so be prepared. I got a call saying they had a spot for me the day I started at town high and wih I had of just changed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks Best Things. Depending on what DH says tonight I might even put her name down there tomorrow- at least it's done if we do move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Possibly moving to Townsville...

Funny when I was in Townsville Pimlico wasn't that great, I guess that was over 10 years ago though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Surely it can't be worse then the school she's at now- her current school even made the top 5 or top 10 worst school in QLD for drug offended and violence offences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week

It would be worth finding out what other people think, like I said that's just my opinion on them. Town high wasn't that bad when I was there. Heatly is another bad one for drugs but it may have changed.