+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 26 weeks with hip and leg pain

Hi ladies,
    Today I've woken up with pretty bad right hip and leg pain. It comes and goes but when it's at it's worse, it makes me feel sick. It feels like an aching muscle down my leg, so I'm not sure if this is nerve pain (like I said, it's an ache rather than shooting pain). Can anyone tell me if they've had anything similar, and what kind of treatment did you have, chiro/physio/massage?

Thanks
    Reviews

I haven't had this pain but it could be your sciatic nerve, causing sciatica. Think chiro/physio could help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had this towards the end of my pregnancy with ds2. I learnt after I had him it can be a muscle problem. See your doctor for and they should be able to give you advice, tell you different things to try. I've also heard about belly band type things that can apparently help. Sorry if this doesn't help you. I remember the pain it caused my so just wanted to offer what I could. Best of luck for the rest of your pregnancy :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

I had this with my last pregnancy. Speak to your midwife at antenatal. They gave me a referral to physio. I was also given a maternity belt to wear. And yes it hurts a lot. But physio helped. The maternity belt helped even more tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

The pain has gone now, but if it comes back I'll go see my GP as my next antenatal appointment isn't for another 2 weeks. Hoping its not sciatica!

Thanks
    Reviews

I had this at about the same stage as you. I found sleeping with a Pillow under my hips, and also raising the mattress slightly at the head end helped (we put two bricks under the mattress at the pillow end - originally done for heartburn, but also made a big difference to my hip and leg pain).