+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hormones Running Rampage

Story is, husband is going away on a boys weekend. It’s a burnout competition and I thought I was totally fine with it ( I have been many times before) but this time I just can’t get myself out of this mood im in ever since he told me…. I’ll be home the weekend by myself pottering around the house and don’t have anything to keep me busy…
    I feel like I’ve been so miserable to be around since he told me. Im snappy, not cuddly, get upset real easily, making things hard for him, I cry over nothing… I can “see” myself doing it but I can’t stop… im not usually a jealous person and its killing me that im being like this. Of course I’d rather him stay home and finish renovating together but I don’t want to ruin his weekend away and I feel like im doing this

Anybody else been in a similar situation and how did you overcome it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hubby often goes away for the weekend fishing with brother in law/mates. It happens about once a month. I never usually bothers me cause I understand that he likes he "man time" haha. I do get moody about it sometimes as I'm left home by myself. But I try to get productive things done or catch up on a book or something. I know how hard it can be. *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi, I know how you're feeling. I get like this too sometimes. Its not that i don't want my hubby to go away, i think its that i don't want to be left out maybe?? Maybe book yourself a massage or something else you'd enjoy. Watch a movie, read a book. Indulge in any 'you' time that you normally wouldn't do. Enjoy your time to yourself, goodness knows we all need it sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    since i've been pregnant my DP has gone to a few buck nights and boys night out..... i'm usually fine until a couple of days before hand and then become really teary and snappy etc etc.... but to spend more time with him before he leaves me for a day or too i offer to drop him off or pick him up so that way i'm still feeling included and i will usually try to organize for the "girls" to come over for a girls night in watching movies and playing stupid games etc. I just remind DP that once bubs arrives it wont be happening as often as ill need my sleep and he'll be getting up to bubs at night over weekends lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Hormones Running Rampage

I get that occasionally too, not as often as I used to, but I found it was because I felt left out. I now live closer to my family, so when I feel left out I can always spend time with them, so it's not a problem.

I agree with a previous poster, organise something you're going to enjoy doing, I know it can be difficult if you're renovating AND expecting a baby to find the funds, but I think it would be worth it :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep sounds exactly like me lilprincess... he cant understand why im so moody because im the one who said to go away and enjoy it... and neither can i!! lol
    I guess i am feeling left out because in the start i was going to a horse show over the weekend so couldnt go and he was begging me for the week to come, then when i said i could come because my plans weren't happening he changed his attitude and didnt want me to go anymore... guess thats why im feeling a little left out...
    Have organised some things with my mum to do so ill be occupied but doesnt stop me being a pain

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Hormones Running Rampage

Ouch, that would hurt even if I wasn't hormonal!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub