+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The worst thing happened yesterday

DD (10 weeks) flung herself off my shoulder during a twinge of wind it was one of those stupid moments where I was tired and distracted and got complacent. What a timely reminder that I need to pay complete attention to what I am doing all the time with her.

She fell head first luckily onto our thick rug on carpet from the ottoman I was sitting on. I was SO lucky, and she was cleared by her doctor of injury and is fine and acting normally this morning.

It was the most gut wrenching thing that has ever happened in my life
    I still feel terrible and negligent, but I am taking the lesson and building a bridge for her sake...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My eldest was never dropped or fell off anything, she was & remains fine, however she's now a **** of a kid at 16.

My eldest son was dropped twice by his sister within the same week. He was & still is fine. He's my best behaved most precious child at 14.

My youngest son (9) had his bumped into the wall twice by me due to lack of sleep on my behalf. He was & is fine & is my second FAVOURITE child.

My point is your bub is & will be fine BUT years later you will still remember this incident. However when bub is my lots age it becomes a funny story & if bub is like my lot an excuse for bad behaviour lol.

Hugs to you & try not to beat yourself up over it, trust me over the coming years there will be so many other things to beat yourself up over. I have a MASSIVE list lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    big hugs. these things happen, the main thing is that she is ok. my dd has fallen off the bed 3 times (she is only 8 months) the first time it happened she crawled off before i had a chance to catch her. the second time she wanted something off the change table (next to bed but there is a little gap) she leant on it but slipped and fell. the third time because we turnex our bed around so that the foot end of the bed was at the wall and the bed head was in the middle of the room because she stands up and rocks holding knto the food end bar and we thought that was dangerous so changed it around. i was not thinking and forgot that the gaps in the bars on the bed head were too wide. she was playing with something sat back against the bed head but fell through the gap landing on her back. we now have the cot bumper wrapped aroumd the bead head so that does not happen again. i feel so bad about it. but things like this happen when your tired or bub is adventerous. dont stress, she is fine. big hugs though.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews

That would of been so scary hun, so glad to hear she is ok :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DH was holding one week old DS on the fitball when it burst. He dropped DS and he bounced off the ground! Was so awful but he was fine. These things do happen unfortunately and you shouldn't feel any guilt xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: The worst thing happened yesterday

I'm laughing not because its funny but because I have been there done that.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I accidentally hit my daughters head on the door frame while I was walking through the door when she was only a few weeks old. Her cries were so horrible I was about to race down to the medical centre down the street and I was just about crying. Minutes later she was smiling up at me and acting fine. They're tougher than we think, but they sure as hell know how to make us feel guilty!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    DH was holding one week old DS on the fitball when it burst. He dropped DS and he bounced off the ground! Was so awful but he was fine. These things do happen unfortunately and you shouldn't feel any guilt xx
    Oh gosh, that made my heart ache for your DH! At only a week old, that would have been so scary

Thanks
    Reviews

It was really awful. He still can't forgive himself for letting go of him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Aargh! Those things burst? I'll never sit on one again!