+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I had 3. Loved them. And I still have the dolls and the adoption certificates.tucked away somewhere. Mid to late 80s I got them, they were pretty great.

Agree that the new ones look a little strange...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't have one, but in my teens I found one at an antique shop on our way to another city, she was $1 or something and I managed to convince my mum to get her. I still have her, she moved to Australia with me (which is huge as we moved here with a suitcase each and a backpack).

I got another one at a garage sale a few years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Who had a cabbage patch doll when they were younger?

Um yes I did and I was in year 10 high school when I got it ......

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (15-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I loved mine! I also had the horse, he was beautiful! I played with them all the time.

So when DD was 2yo I think, I thought, brilliant, perfect age to find her a really special Cabbage Patch Doll. Searched for that perfect one. Wrapped it up all pretty. Watched as she opened it.... she said "Oh... that's nice", opened it, put it down, and never picked it up again! She ended up giving it away to a family friend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, her name was "Hannah Virginia" according to the "birth certificate", but like every other little girl, she was just "Cabby" to me! She had blonde yarn, and a little yellow dress with a pink satin love heart on the front. I got her for my 4th or 5th birthday (can't remember which, but that would make it '85 or '86), and I still have her; she lives in a white bin liner with a whole bunch of other dolls and soft toys from various stages of my childhood, in particular the Magic Nursery doll I bought with my own desperately-saved pocket money when I was 11, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I sure did! It was one of those toys that I yearned for and absolutely had to have. They were HUGELY popular at the time (mid 80's).

Mine was called Veronica Leila on the birth certificate. She had long ginger hair in segmented pigtails.

I think she may be still in a bag at my mum's house with my old barbies with shocking haircuts!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Who had a cabbage patch doll when they were younger?

lol i had twin agic nursery dolls They are the ones where u put like a package in water and it tells u if they are a girl or boy yeh?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Who had a cabbage patch doll when they were younger?

Quote Originally Posted by finally expecting View Post
    I had two - a bald boy Vincent .
    I had a bald girl called "victoria"

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    lol i had twin agic nursery dolls They are the ones where u put like a package in water and it tells u if they are a girl or boy yeh?
    Yup. The two girls living across the road from me had one each, so I HAD to have one too, but Mum made me save up for it myself, because I was 11 and getting a bit too old for her to be buying me dolls. Plus it was around $40, which was expensive-as back then (1992). But yeah, they had the paper "hospital gown" which you dissolved in water to get the package inside which had their birth certificate saying if it was a boy or girl (although you could tell from taking its bonnet off and seeing if it had hair, lol), a little booklet that you could fill out, and a cute little outfit. They also had that heat sensitive love-heart on their cheek where if you kissed it (or just touched it, lol), it turned into a star.... OMG they were soooo cheesy. I loved her though, I named her Michelle.

Sorry to de-rail the topic, back to Cabbies...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (15-11-2012)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes I did!!!

A red haired one with two little teeth.

I think her name was Emerline. Can't really remember. But I've always wanted to get the boys one each. I haven't yet though. I might get them puppets or a rigadoon doll instead if they are still around.