+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Feeling down... stupid things.

My gosh.

My little sister and her bf just bought a house.

And while I'm happy for them, I feel so completely bummed too.

Coz we're still renting, and I can't see us ever in a position to buy, and we have to move house coz the place we're in has sold...and I want to cry.

And she's been giving me the silent treatment for months and I don't know why.

And my career is a freaking mess, and DH is STILL studying and I'm stressed and

And I feel most down about everything because I don't know why she's giving me the silent treatment and I just want to be part of the excitement of her buying a house, but she's still completely ignoring me.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh massive hugs I'm not sure what to say but just wanted to offer hugs.

I sympathise re house buying. My sister bought a house at 22 with her fiancé and I was really bummed as I can't seem to find luck when it comes to that side of things.

Have you tried talking to your sister casually? No questions just hi how are you? And leave it at that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep tried that.

Nope just shut down.

And it kind of bums me coz their relationship is so freaking unstable..... but you know, he works FIFO and makes lotsa money... and she likes lotsa money.

I'm glad she's happy, just bummed

a) because they've bought a house and we can only dream
    b) she's completely cutting me out for god knows what reason, and she's moving 15mins away from our Mum, so now I'm going to feel uncomfortable going there if sis is always over and hates me for some reason....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my sister hates me too...sigh...

It's hard when other people have what we want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want nothing about her life except the means to buy a house.

I want a house!!!! *throws tantrum*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want a husband!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We can tantrum together. lol.

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm about to move from a lovely 4 x 2.5 x 2 in a nice suburb to a dingy 3 x 1 with my 3 kids, husband and cat so that we can save $150 a week in rent which over the course of 4 years will give us a house deposit of over 31K. Did I mention that my two eldest are almost teenagers and the youngest is a currently non sleeping baby? One of the elder kids is going to have to share a room with the baby because you don't put a teenage girl and teenage boy in the same room ... now that is going to be interesting, not to mention bathroom time *removes hair, strand by strand*

DH is FIFO and I hate doing this on my own. I hate that he misses everything and I hate that I have no respite, ever. Not even when he comes home because he has missed the kids so much that he wouldn't dream of doing anything without them *sigh*

I'll have a little tantrum here in my little corner of WA if that's ok with you?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ky For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (15-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post

And it kind of bums me coz their relationship is so freaking unstable..... but you know, he works FIFO and makes lotsa money... and she likes lotsa money.

I'm glad she's happy, just bummed

Perhaps she knows all this and thats why she's giving you the silent treatment? Jelously combined with judgement is enough to make someone give the cold treatment.

Could she have overhead you talking about her? Could a third party you have whinged to, passed it on to your sister?

Thanks
    Reviews

You poor thing! All I've ever wanted is a partner & a house. Financially I'm only getting a house because someone passed away in my family so I know how hard it is

Write her a letter or email, tell her how happy you are and congrats etc. that you miss her and you don't want no trouble between you and her. Which is true?! She might be jealous of your children or your position! People often think in funny ways until we talk things out.

And one day you will get a house it just takes longer unfortunately! I'm jealous of my friend who works at woolworths (I don't even want to work there! I want to be a nurse!!!) I just see her being ahead of me in a silly way.

GBH xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (15-11-2012)