+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Unexpected pregnancies when family was already complete...

So, as it says I am 20 weeks with number 3 who is the result of contraception failure. DH had the referral on the fridge for the snip and I could just see the light at the end of the tunnel when I git a BFP. Anyway, I have concerns about how I'll feel when bub gets here. Will I feel like they're intruding on what I considered perfect for our family? Will I resent the financial impact it will make? I cried for 3 months and am just now kind of looking forward to the whole thing but feel nothing like I did with very planned DD and DS. Has anyone else been in this position?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, My last child (number 8) was very much unplanned and I also cried for quite some time about it. We have all adjusted and he is very much loved and accepted. Im sure once you settle in with your bub all will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes, I was with my last bub. We had just come back from looking at uni's for dd1 and the next day I got a bfp. Now I couldn't imagine my life with out him. He brings us such joy.
    If you ever need to chat feel free to pm me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm in this position right now (27 weeks with my unplanned 3rd). I am finding i am warming to the idea more as the pregnancy goes on but i'm still quite scared and unsure.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Unexpected pregnancies when family was already complete...

Thanks all. I am really anxious about what Wil happen after. My kids are really full on and I just have no idea how a new baby will fit in. That and money, space my mental health. I already struggle on all fronts!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Despite the fact I was undecided about a third, and even came off the pill to ttc, I fell before my period even returned. I had really mixed emotions about it. I am 35 weeks pregnant and terrified about how I will cope, how my 2 children will cope. I worry about financial factors, I worry about being tired, I worry about not bonding with this baby as much as my other two. I hope I don't treat this baby any differently! But I know this baby will be loved just as much, I was terrified when I had bloody discharge about 24 weeks.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 16-11-2012 at 18:25.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm 23wks with no2 - not planned at all, DS1 is only 14mths. I'm really struggling to bond with this poor innocent bubba and hope that changes soon because it makes me feel incredibly guilty

Financially it's going to be very tough, and to top it off, my DH has left me, largely because he couldn't handle the thought of another baby so fast. So I feel your uncertainty and guilt.

I'm actually now seeing a counsellor to help deal with my conflicting emotions. I know I will love this baby to death, but I'm also (irrationally) blaming him for my marriage breakdown too, not to mention the fear of coping as a single mum.

Feel free to PM me anytime to chat.

Thanks
    Reviews

I thought I was done after having 3 beautiful girls who are really close in age that also have a few medical issues between them that keep me on my toes. Then Just like you I fell pregnant from contraception failing to work. I didn't tell anyone I was pregnant and hid my belly for the first 16weeks. I think I was embarrassed and thinking holy cr4p how am I meant to wrangle four 5 and under and DD1 starting prep but towards the end I started buying heaps of girly things and decorated the nursery which got me excited. Once she arrived I couldn't imagine my life without her and would now love a 5th..