+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Meridian AHR T&A buckle fault??

Hopefully someone can help me!
    I have a Safe n Sound Meridian AHR T&A, purchased in early 2011.
    Have noticed lately that the buckle isn't clipping in properly, it has never really made that hard click sound but I thought it was normal, now it is coming OUT while driving and a few times my DS has been almost out of his seat while driving.

I emailed Britax and they said I could return to the store I purchased (Baby Bunting) and they will send it away for repairs.
    Or I can take it to an on the spot repair place, which there are none of in SA.
    I didn't buy the seat my Dad purchased it as a gift and I have no idea where the receipt is.

On the advice of friends with the same seat I cleaned the whole thing and dipped the buckle in hot hot water to clean suspected gunk out and while some came out, it still doesn't click in.
    The right side clicks in and even with A LOT of force will not come out if pulled but the left doesn't click and can be quite easily pulled out.

Is there ANYTHING I can do apart from buy a new seat??
    Will Baby Bunting accept it for repairs or no way?
    What am I meant to do in the mean time with no seat!?!

I feel so angry at the moment, have only had constant problems with Britax products including the harness clips on my Strider breaking!

Can anyone help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go with this? My meridian is doing the same thing! I'm going to pull my buckle out to clean tomorrow and hope.
    Take it to bubs baby shop if there's one near you and they will send it away at no cost to you. Just tell them it was purchased at one somewhere else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Britax should be able to send you a new buckle surely? They have been so good when I am dealing with them. Just tell them you only have the one seat so need a new buckle that works ASAP.
    The foam in my meridian head rest had cracked and they sent me one free of charge the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I ended up getting a new buckle from Britax free of charge and they requested I send the faulty one back.
    It took a while for them to get it to me and some muck around with the shop I bought it from so we bought a Maxi Rider AHR to use in the meantime, we needed a spare seat anyway!
    Hopefully you can fix it by cleaning it, if not that you get a replacement ASAP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm interesting we bought this car seat for bub due in October so hoping we don't have this issue !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same problem with my babylove ezy combo.
    They told me to take it back to the retailer I purchased from (which was mother care, so obviously can't do that)
    After I said that, I have had no response.
    I will follow up by requesting a new buckle bit and see what they can do