+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lletz Procedures and pregnancy

Has anyone had a previous Lletz Procedure and then had no issues with cervical incompetence or shortening during their pregnancy?
    Im 18 weeks pregnant with twins and had a Lletz in 04. My ob doesnt seem concerned but it really worries me! I had my cervix measured at 16 weeks and it was around 40mm so all good. I had an ob appointment yesterday but he didnt want to check it again until 20 weeks. Im really anxious about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I had a Lletz procedure in 2003, then went on to have two perfectly normal (single) pregnancies in 2010 and 2012.

No complications at all, a caesar with the first due to breech position and a VBAC with the second (10 hour natural labour).

All the best with your lovely twins!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one 09 and am 24 weeks now. I ahve had the cervix messaged twice and all good so far.
    I was told multiple Letz can lead to problems but usually one is okay.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Lletz Procedures and pregnancy

Massaged?!?

I had a lletz procedure last year (I think) but I'm only 9 weeks now so time will tell how I go...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had lletz proceedure in 2003, now pregnant for first time, currently 21 weeks along. No issues so far, that I know of!
    My sister in law hd two lletz and has had two healthy babies no problems :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was worried about this too because I had a Lletz procedure in 2004. My OB said the issue is with people who have had a cone biopsy, not a Lletz procedure. I'm now 39 weeks and 4 days and had a problem free pregnancy up until now. Ironically, after me getting all stressed about an incompetent cervix, my cervix is now refusing to dilate and they are talking seriously about a cs for the massive baby i'm carrying. Basically the exact opposite of the problem I was worried about in the first place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disbride View Post
    Massaged?!?

I had a lletz procedure last year (I think) but I'm only 9 weeks now so time will tell how I go...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub
    ha! I believe it was messaged not massaged. I have a very communicative cervix!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your twin pregnancy. I had a Lletz procedure done in 2003. I fell pregnant with DD #2 a few months later and ended up with a 2nd c-section for not dilating after my waters had broken at 39 weeks. Got to 38 weeks with both my next babies with no dilation problems before my c-sections. Still no early dilation for this pregnancy and I'm nearly 34 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of the major obstacles facing women with PCOS is the weight gain. Nearly 50% to 60% of all women with PCOS are obsessed. One of the major reasons for obesity is the inability of the body to process insulin. Women with PCOS make too much of insulin so that a special diet to be followed to loss the weight.

find more click here for diet plan for weight loss'

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lletz Procedures and pregnancy

Thanks ladies! I ended up having another check today and my cervix was fine, still above 40mm. Feel a bit more relaxed now.