+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feeding to sleep

I b00bied my 16 month old to sleep for all sleeps from birth. When she was about 8 months old, she started falling asleep during the day on her own and at 13 months old she decided she no longer wanted b00by at night. Now to put her to sleep of a night, I lay with her until she goes to sleep. Usually takes around 15 mins.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeding to sleep

Also I loved giving her b00by to sleep. So relaxing and a nice time to cuddle and be close.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Its only a problem if it's a problem for you.
    Yup, this. My DS fed to sleep until he was 3 (though he would happily fall asleep by himself if he was staying overnight somewhere without me). He's now 5 and of course goes to sleep by himself after I walk out of the room.

My DD is 13 months old and I have only just recently stopped feeding her to sleep. I was waiting for the right moment, when I felt she could handle it, and it's worked brilliantly. It's been somewhat gradual and involved a tiny amount of crying by her, but overall not very stressful for either of us. I got to the point where it was no longer working to feed her to sleep as she was waking every hour or so and needing to feed back to sleep as she had developed that association.

Now she goes to sleep within a couple of minutes of me putting her in her cot wide awake with an old teddy of mine. She's sleeping through now too, so we're both getting much more sleep which is great.

At 5 months I'd say just do what works. There's always time later to change things if it's not working for you. Under 12 months they change their sleep so much anyway, nothing is set in stone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeding to sleep

My 2 year old dd still b00bs to sleep and I love it. She goes to sleep by herself perfectly when I'm not around or if she's at daycare but if I'm with her she won't accept anything else from me.
    I agree with what someone else said about it only being a problem if it's a problem for you! Personally I find it fits into our lives and I don't have to do the bed time struggle because I know she will fall asleep instantly on the b00b.
    Do what feels right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    My 2 year old dd still b00bs to sleep and I love it. She goes to sleep by herself perfectly when I'm not around or if she's at daycare but if I'm with her she won't accept anything else from me.
    I agree with what someone else said about it only being a problem if it's a problem for you! Personally I find it fits into our lives and I don't have to do the bed time struggle because I know she will fall asleep instantly on the b00b.
    Do what feels right!
    My DS was the same at that age too, it was so nice. He is now the best sleeper ever, falls asleep within 60 seconds and not a peep all night. I have no regrets about feeding him to sleep for 3 years