+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I am very interested in this thread too. We have been putting IVF on hold for so long due to finances, and this seems like too good to be true.

i am wondering what everyone's opinions are of this protocol they use.
    Are the results the same? Is it safe? How often would you need to visit the clinic (would be coming from Brisbane).
    hope all goes well for everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai01 View Post
    Hi there, I am very interested in this thread too. We have been putting IVF on hold for so long due to finances, and this seems like too good to be true.

i am wondering what everyone's opinions are of this protocol they use.
    Are the results the same? Is it safe? How often would you need to visit the clinic (would be coming from Brisbane).
    hope all goes well for everyone!
    Hi Chai,
    Hope you are well. If you coming from Brisbane I highly recommend the Springwood fertility clinic. They are even cheaper than Affordable Ivf in Nambour. The reason we picked the latter was because we live on the sunny coast. There is a chat on here you can talk with the girls from the clinic in springwood.
    Otherwise if you decide to come up the coast then I have only praises for affordable Ivf. They are very safe, follow all the australian protocols of course. They have a parent clinic they refer to if you need complex care. They only do straight forward IVF. and that's why they are so much cheaper. also they are a nurse led clinic so you dont always see the same FS but really that's fine for us. You always have the same nurse however.
    Where did you have your IUIs?
    Hope that helps darling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you SO much for your reply. We live northside, so in terms of distance, spring wood is pretty far, but then again so in nambour!
    We had been going to the Wesley for our iuis. We have been trying for nearly three years, with all testing coming back normal. My cycle is like clockwork, and last year had laparoscopy to rule out block tubes and endo.

We did 4 iui's all BFN. Our last iui was over a year ago, and have been having a break t see what life is like child free....

We are very interested in affordable IVF, but its just getting there, trying to work out work schedules etc...ahhh as if it wasn't stressful enough!

how are you travelling Nanou? Have you started your cycle yet?
    all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    just wondering if either of you are cycling with affordable ivf, I'm looking at start mid April.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not yet :-( still trying to work out what to do. Do you live in sunny coast? Would be interested to hear about all your experiences. Wish you the best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chai01
    i actually live in Logan lol so ill be travelling up there,
    Are u from the sunny coast

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!
    I actually live in North Brisbane and have been tossing up between Nambour or the Springwood clinic (there is another thread for this clinic).
    Neither are terribly convenient for us, and would need to take time off work for every appointment with either.

is there any particular reason why you would choose Nambour over Springwood? Or hadn't you realised it was there?

For you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Appointment with Affordable IVF

Hello Nanou and all the other Ladies on this thread.
    We've been through 6x IUI and 2x IVF cycles. 2 in each treatment had a positive result, but the egg never implanted so we've now had a break since last year September. Heard on the radio about AIVF in Nambour. It's closer then Maroochydore to us, as we are in the Gympie region. We have an appointment with them on the 18th of this month. It'll be at least 2x cycles with them for the price of 1x cycle with the last FS we've been and I'm all for that.
    So wondering how you've been going Nanou? Hope all is well with you.
    Love to hear from any one else that has appointment, had treatment or is thinking of trying them.
    Wishing everyone luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joschi For This Useful Post:

Chai01  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chai01
    i looked into springwood but their protocol is they won't help you with ivf if your bmi is high, nambour will , I have had 2 appointments with nambour and both have been on Skype, they seem very caring and understanding, it's the same for us with the price our last cycle was with wazza at Qfg and cost $12000 up front this one will only cost $5000 up front.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow! They do Skype appointments? Is that the initial,consult? That would work out perfectly for us Brizzie girls!
    is the $5000 the price of full IVF, not the "light" IVF?

sorry for so many questions, just deciding what to do!